Subject: Re: [RTG-DIR] Rtgdir early review of draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param-07

From: John Scudder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 21:33:50 +0000

Belated thanks, Joel. I did make the change you suggested:

   In parsing an OPEN message, if the one-octet "Optional Parameters
   Length" field is non-zero, a BGP speaker MUST use the value of the
   octet following the one-octet "Optional Parameters Length" field
   (labeled "Non-Ext OP Type" in Figure 1) to determine both the
   encoding of the Optional Parameters length and the size of the
   "Parameter Length" field of individual Optional Parameters.  If the
   value of this the "Non-Ext OP Type" field is 255, then the encoding
   described above is used for the Optional Parameters length.
   Otherwise the encoding defined in [RFC4271] is used.

FYI,

—John

On Sep 15, 2019, at 12:26 AM, Joel Halpern via Datatracker <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Reviewer: Joel Halpern
Review result: Ready

Hello

I have been selected to do a routing directorate “early” review of this draft.
​https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-foo-name/__;!8WoA6RjC81c!S69wo5NzgmQCnJqISrpg4tVLOpB6j03FXH2ZhJzZoYQsgsvKb8RWAFcMo9zMQg$

The routing directorate will, on request from the working group chair, perform
an “early” review of a draft before it is submitted for publication to the
IESG. The early review can be performed at any time during the draft’s lifetime
as a working group document. The purpose of the early review depends on the
stage that the document has reached.

<case 1> As this document has recently been adopted by the working group, my
focus for the review is on providing a new perspective on the work, with the
intention of catching any issues early on in the document's life cycle.

<case 2> As this document is in working group last call, my focus for the
review was to determine whether the document is ready to be published. Please
consider my comments along with the other working group last call comments.

<case 3> If neither of the above describes the circumstances of the review,
then write a brief summary of the reasons for and purpose of the review here
(get this from the WG chair if you are not sure).

For more information about the Routing Directorate, please see
​https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgDir__;!8WoA6RjC81c!S69wo5NzgmQCnJqISrpg4tVLOpB6j03FXH2ZhJzZoYQsgsvKb8RWAFfHyqJRIQ$

Document: draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param-07
Reviewer: Joel Halpern
Review Date: 25-Sept-2019
Intended Status: Proposed Standard

Summary: No issues found. This documents is ready to proceed to the IESG.

Major Comments: N/A

Minor Comments: N/A

Nits:
  You might consider replacing "this" in "the value of this field" in the 2nd
  from last paragraph of section 2.  I knew what it had to refer to, but it
  stalled me and caused me to recheck the grammar twice before I was sure it
  said what it needed to say.  It may confuse some readers.