Subject: [RTG-DIR] RtgDir review: draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-rib-extend-06.txt

From: Emmanuel Baccelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 14:20:00 +0200

Hello,

I have been selected as the Routing Directorate reviewer for this draft.
The Routing Directorate seeks to review all routing or routing-related
drafts as they pass through IETF last call and IESG review, and sometimes
on special request. The purpose of the review is to provide assistance to
the Routing ADs. For more information about the Routing Directorate, please
see http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgDir

Although these comments are primarily for the use of the Routing ADs, it
would be helpful if you could consider them along with any other IETF Last
Call comments that you receive, and strive to resolve them through
discussion or by updating the draft.

Document:  draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-rib-extend-06
Reviewer: Emmanuel Baccelli
Review Date: April 15th 2021
Intended Status: Standards Track

Summary:
    This document is basically ready for publication, but has nits that
should be considered prior to publication.

Comments:
    The doc reads fine from my perspective. Caveat: YANG doctor I am not ;)

Major Issues:

    No major issues found.

Minor Issues:

    No minor issues found.

Nits:

# in Section 2.1
Since rfc8349 defines RIB, so why not list RIB in the previous (imported
terms) section?

# in Section 3.
Proposed rephrase:

"The models in [RFC8349] ... and more next-hop attributes."

=> The models in [RFC8349] also define the basic configuration and
   operational state for both IPv4 and IPv6 static routes. This
   document provides augmentations for static routes to support
   multiple next-hop and more next-hop attributes.

# in Section 5:

## in leaf metric description, a typo:
"The metric is a numeric value that indicating ..."
=> "The metric is a numeric value indicating"

## in  leaf application-tag description, is this a typo (?):
"... while this application-specific tag is not advertised implicitly."
=> "... while this application-specific tag is not advertised explicitly."

## in  container repair-path description:
Full stop missing at the end of the description.

## in  leaf preference description (two occurences, for v4 and v6) a typo
(comma instead of full-stop):
"The preference is used to select among multiple static routes, Routes..."
=> "The preference is used to select among multiple static routes.
Routes..."

---

From: Yingzhen Qu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 12:18:26 -0700

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for your review. Version -08 has been published to address your
comments. Please see my answers below inline.

Thanks,
Yingzhen

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 5:20 AM Emmanuel Baccelli <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> [Yingzhen]: fixed.

> [Yingzhen]: Thank you for the proposed text. We made the change as
suggested.

# in Section 5:
> [Yingzhen]: fixed.

> [Yingzhen]: this means application-tag is not advertised automatically
like a regular tag.

> [Yingzhen]: fixed.

> [Yingzhen]: fixed.