Subject: [saag] KITTEN Working Group Summary - IETF 77

From: "Shawn M. Emery" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 19:34:48 -0600

The KITTEN-WG met Wednesday, 3/24/10, during the second morning session 
for 1 hour

Co-chairs: Tom Yu and Shawn Emery

The goals of the meeting were to review the state of the active WG 
items, one individual submission, discuss extensions - credential 
management and asynchronous calls, federated authentication for 
client-server applications, and discuss merging KITTEN and SASL WGs.

gssapi-extensions-iana
----------------------------
IANA has replied that they want the draft to pick one of the registry 
types left as a choice in the current version of the draft:
     single GSS-API name-space registry
     separate registry - symbolic and constant registries
     registry per programming language
     multiple registries
No response during the session on which registry is preferred, will take 
the question to the list.

gssapi-naming-exts
------------------------
Makes a normative reference to a 3rd party (OpenGridForum) standards 
document - GFD.024. Requested approval to the list. Awaiting a one-week 
timer before submitting a WGLC, pending any objections.

draft-lha-gssapi-delegate-policy
---------------------------------------
Approval announcement made. Issue was raised given that the I-D makes a 
normative reference to the IANA-extensions draft. Decision was to create 
an RFC editor note to replace text once the IANA-extensions I-D is approved.

Future WG Items
-----------------------
We discussed requested new work items that are of particular interest:
     credential management
     asynchronous calls
Subsequent discussion followed asynchronous calls. Nico Williams had 
volunteered to provide what the interfaces may look like. Requested 
editors/authors of any subsequent draft. None had volunteered.

New Proposal
-----------------
The merger of the KITTEN and SASL WGs was proposed. There were no 
comments for or against the merger. Will take this to the list

Shawn Emery and Tom Yu.
--