Subject: [saag] representation and verification of identity in certificates

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 11:44:56 -0700

A small, informal design team has been working on an I-D that attempts
to define recommended procedures for representing and verifying server
identities in X.509 certificates intended for use in applications that
employ TLS. We have just published version -03 of that I-D:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check-03

Because this work touches on security in a wide variety of application
protocols (HTTP, IMAP, LDAP, SMTP, XMPP, NNTP, NETCONF, SysLog, SIP,
etc.) through the re-use of both TLS and the PKI, there is no one list
where we can hold a focused discussion. Therefore we have created a new
list, [email-masked], to which you can subscribe here:

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/certid

Please join the discussion there if you have an interest in this topic.

Thanks!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/