Subject: [saag] I-D on PKCS#11 URI Scheme for naming objects

From: Jan Pechanec <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 11:44:20 +0200 (CEST)

hi,

	while working on a couple of projects in the OpenSolaris 
development we realized that a new PKCS#11 URI scheme would be very 
handy to universaly reference public and private keys as well as 
certificates that are stored in PKCS#11 tokens. For example, we already 
use the scheme in our OpenSSL PKCS#11 engine to access keys in tokens 
through the regular OpenSSL API, and SSH is one of another candidates.

	I was told recently that this working group has many people who 
care about PKCS#11. We would appreciate any feedback on the I-D.

	the draft is here:

	http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-pechanec-pkcs11uri-01.txt

	while we discussed the initial attribute-value pair idea on the 
Cryptoki mailing list, the I-D itself sent there raised no discussion, 
and we didn't get any feedback from the OpenSC mailing list either. So, 
I can't provide any link to any passed discussion on the I-D.

	best regards, Jan.

PS: please CC both Darren and me since we are not members of the mailing 
list. Thank you.

-- 
Jan Pechanec
http://blogs.sun.com/janp