Subject: [saag] kitten Working Group Summary - IETF 78

From: Shawn Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 18:06:35 -0700 (PDT)

The kitten WG met Monday, 7/26/10, during the first morning session for 
two hours. 

Co-chairs: Tom Yu and Shawn Emery 

The goals of the meeting were to review the state of the active WG items, 
one individual submission, discuss naming extensions lessons learned, 
and recent recharter work. 

gssapi-extensions-iana 
---------------------------- 
IANA had replied that they want the draft to pick one of the registry 
types left as a choice in the current version of the draft: 

single GSS-API name-space registry 
registry per programming language 

There are multiple members that prefer to have a registry per programming 
language. 

gssapi-naming-exts 
------------------------ 
Sam Hartman had presented lessons learned from implementing naming 
extensions. It was determined that the current draft is underspecified and 
that the mechanism implementation section be separated in another draft. 
Sam has volunteered to work with the current authors on the draft. 

draft-lha-gssapi-delegate-policy (non-WG item) 
---------------------------------------------------------- 
Now RFC 5896! 

Recharter Discussion 
-------------------------- 
The merger of the kitten and SASL WGs is complete. 

It has been a couple of years since draft-ietf-kitten-digest-to-historic has 
made WG LC. Another one will be made shortly. 

We discussed requested new work items that are of particular interest as outlined 
in: 

draft-yu-kitten-api-wishlist 

Requested editors/authors for any subsequent drafts. None had volunteered. 

We discussed changes made in the newly adopted drafts: 

draft-lear-ietf-sasl-openid 
draft-wierenga-ietf-sasl-saml 

Will take consensus on the list on whether to adopt the following SSO 
SASL mechanisms: 

draft-cantor-ietf-sasl-saml-ec 
draft-mills-kitten-sasl-oauth 

It was determined that a problem statement should be sent to the TLS WG 
list to cover draft-williams-tls-app-sasl-opt. If deemed appropriate then the 
draft could be adopted by the TLS working group. Regardless, a WG LC 
would be made in kitten as well. 

Shawn kitten co-chair 
--