Subject: [saag] Sean's AD Notes for 2010-07

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:49:02 -0400

These notes are identical (minus the wiki links) to those posted 
on:http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/sec/trac/wiki/SeansMonthlyUpdate. 
Note that there's also a blog with an RSS feed at: 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/sec/trac/blog

= Sean Turner's Monthly AD Notes - 2010-07-13 =

Here's my monthly AD notes.  It's a short status update about what 
things are going on from my point-of-view. If you notice anything that 
doesn't look right, let me know -- miscommunication and mix-ups do happen.

== MISC NOTES ==

  * IETF 78 planning continued with Tim: SAAG presentations.  Agenda 
posted: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/78/agenda/saag.txt

  * Participated in weekly calls with Tim.

  * Tim and I continue to be slack wrt errata.

== WORKING GROUPS ==

=== DKIM ===

  * Revised charter approved.

  * draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists. First version posted.

  * Errata 1532 and 1596: Awaiting WG chairs proposal for new text and 
recommended status. 2010-05-05.

=== EMU ===

  * draft-ietf-emu-eaptunnel-req: Completed WG LC.  Waiting for proto 
write-up.

  * Lots of channel bindings.

  * draft-ietf-emu-chbind: Version -05 published.

=== IPSECME ===

  * PAKE: Work dropped from WG.  I'll AD-sponsor the individual drafts.

  * draft-ietf-ipsecme-aes-ctr-ikev2: In the RFC editor's queue.

  * draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2bis: In the RFC editor's queue.

  * draft-ietf-ipsecme-roadmap: Issued and passed through IETF LC. 
GEN-ART comments received (new version likely needed).  Placed on 
2010-08-12 telechat.

  * draft-ietf-ipsecme-ipsec-ha: Issued and passed through IETF LC. 
Discussed on 2010-07-01 telechat.  IPR statement submitted the morning 
of telechat.  Further discussion was deferred to 2010-07-15 while IPR 
statement was reviewed by WG.  WG Chairs reviewed the IPR statement 
and do not believe it should prevent the HA problem statement or the 
solutions work from progressing. 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipsec/current/msg06400.html

  * draft-ietf-ipsecme-eap-mutual: In RFC editor's queue.

  * HA design team started their work.

  * Kicking off Failure Detection Proposals.

=== ISMS ===

  * draft-ietf-isms-dtls-tm: In RFC editor's queue.

  * draft-ietf-isms-radius-vacm: Final last called issued on 
2010-07-06 ends 2010-07-13.   This is after the submission deadline 
for IETF 78 so the plan is to submit it when the submission window 
reopens.  Expecting to issue IETF LC in early August.

=== KEYPROV ===

(I know it's Tim's but I am following it closely)

  * draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp: Dealing with IESG DISCUSS positions. 
2nd IETF LC passed to address DOWNREF.

  * draft-ietf-keyprov-pskc: Dealing with IESG DISCUSS positions.  2nd 
IETF LC passed to address DOWNREF.

  * draft-ietf-keyprov-symmetrickeyformat: Dealing with IESG DISCUSS 
positions.

=== SASL ===

  * SASL/KITTEN merge progressing.

  * RFC5801 (was draft-ietf-sasl-gs2) published.

  * RFC5802 (was draft-ietf-sasl-scram) published.

  * (not WG item): RFC5929 (was draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings).

=== SYSLOG ===

  * draft-ietf-syslog-dtls: IESG DISCUSS positions resolved.  Now in 
RFC editor's queue.

  * Though all of the WG's work items are approved, the WG not be 
closed until the syslog-dtls I-Ds is actually published.

=== TLS ===

  * draft-ietf-tls-rfc4366-bis: Revised.  Issued Second IETF LC. 
Assuming it goes well, I will add it to the 2010-08-12 IESG telechat.

  * draft-ietf-tls-cached-info: Revised.  I'm hoping for WG LC in August.

  * draft-ietf-tls-heartbeat: First draft posted.

  * draft-ietf-tls-rfc4347-bis-04.  Revised draft posted. Note that a 
couple of people asked about this I-D.

== OTHER DOCUMENTS ==

  * draft-hoffman-tls-master-secret-input: Discussed on 2010-07-01 
IESG telechat.  Some comments received and addressed.  Waiting for an 
AD to clear.

  * BTW - I've currently got about 13 (or maybe 14) requests to 
AD-sponsor I-Ds.  At least 7 are I-Ds for cipher suites.

== DISCUSSES ==

As an AD, the more DISCUSS positions you enter the more work you have 
to do (information for all those would be ADs).

  * draft-cheshire-dnsext-nbp: I picked up part of Pasi's DISCUSS and 
Russ picked up the rest.  2010-04-08.

  * draft-ietf-csi-hash-threat: A new draft!  I need to review. 
2010-07-13.

  * draft-denenberg-mods-etc-media-types-02: Awaiting response from 
authors.  2010-04-29.  This one will probably be pinned for a while 
waiting for OASIS to stabilize a draft.

  * draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework: Waiting for revised I-D. 
2010-04-22.

  * draft-ietf-avt-register-srtp-02: Waiting for revised I-D. 2010-05-06.

  * draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ipmr-12: Waiting for revised I-D. 2010-05-06.

  * draft-ietf-mext-flow-binding-06:  Waiting for revised I-D. 2010-05-06.

  * draft-ietf-6lowpan-routing-requirements-06: Waiting for revised 
I-D. 2010-05-20.

  * draft-ietf-hip-hiccups-05: Waiting for revised I-D. 2010-06-02.

  * draft-ietf-sip-certs-14: This one is on me.  I need to provide 
some mother-hood-and-apple-pie text on keeping the private key 
private.  Was looking for text to use, but think I might need to do it 
from scratch.  2010-06-17.

  * draft-c1222-transport-over-ip-04: Need to review latest version. 
I'm still concerned that I don't have the ANSI draft that described 
the security and whether the AES-EAX mode has been reviwwed by the 
CFRG. 2010-07-09.