Subject: [saag] Fwd: NSF Trustworthy Computing Program Announcements

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 11:04:14 -0500

I thought this would be of interest to this mail list ...

Russ

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	NSF Trustworthy Computing Program Announcements
Date: 	Wed, 24 Nov 2010 17:18:33 -0500
From: 	Landwehr, Carl <[email-masked]>
To: 	Landwehr, Carl <[email-masked]>

You are receiving this message either because you have submitted a
proposal to NSF's Trustworthy Computing Program or this e-mail address
has been on the Cyber Trust or Trustworthy Computing e-mail lists.

1. The Trustworthy Computing  program convened an invitational workshop
on the Future of Trustworthy Computing in late October this year. A
major purpose of the workshop was to create a publicly accessible record
of the history and context of the Trustworthy Computing program, so that
any researcher interested in preparing a research proposal could better
understand the program and its relationship to other research programs,
both at NSF and at other government agencies.  The video content of the
workshop is still being edited, but the slides presented are now all
available on the conference website at:

   http://tc2010.cse.psu.edu/program.html

If you plan to submit a proposal to the Trustworthy Computing program, I
encourage you to review the proceedings of the workshop. Please check
back for the video content; it should be posted soon.

2. Also, if you would like to continue receiving public announcements
related to the Trustworthy Computing program, please subscribe to the
new mailing list:

   trustworthy-computing-announce

To subscribe, just send an e-mail from the address where you wish to
receive messages to:

   [email-masked]

No subject or body is required. An e-mail confirmation will be requested
automatically.

Instructions to unsubscribe from the list will be included in each
message sent to list members.

I expect that no more than a dozen messages per year, and probably only
two or three per year, will be sent to this list.

3. Other workshops convened by the Trustworthy Computing program in the
past 18 months include:

- Usable Verification: http://fm.csl.sri.com/UV10/

 - Fundamental Research Challenges for Trustworthy Biometrics:
http://moodle.clarkson.edu/course/view.php?id=1852

 - Secure Programming Summit:  http://www.gwu.edu/csl/sess.html  (more
information soon)

- Workshop on Cyber Security Data for Experimentation (CSDE):
http://www.gtisc.gatech.edu/nsf_workshop10

 - Inco-Trust Workshop on International Collaboration in Security and
Privacy:  http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~rebecca.wright/INCO-TRUST/program.html

- Designing a Secure System Engineering Competition (DESSEC): report
available soon

- Security-Driven Architectures: report available soon

3. My apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.

Regards (and Happy Thanksgiving!)

--Carl

Carl Landwehr
Director, Trustworthy Computing Program
National Science Foundation