Subject: [saag] ipsecme meeting report

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 12:39:02 +0200

IPsecME met Wednesday afternoon. We reviewed document status: IKEv2-bis 
was published (RFC 5996), as well as Mutual EAP Authentication (RFC 
5998) and the High Availability Problem Statement (RFC 6207). IPsec 
Roadmap is an in RFC Editor queue.

There was a long discussion of the failure detection draft, where the 
focus was on exactly which deployment scenarios we want this mechanism 
to support.

A new revision of the HA protocol was presented. It resolves the main 
issues that were raised in Maastricht, but still has a few open issues 
that we should aim to close within the next few weeks.

It is our goal to have both these draft through WGLC before Prague.

Three other non-WG items were discussed:
- A stripped down version of the IKEv2 document - somewhere between a 
tutorial and a minimal profile.
- An implementation of IKEv2 authentication using IPv6 CGAs.
- A draft on optimized IKEv2 reauthetication, where you don't have to 
restart the whole IKE SA plus its dependent IPsec SAs.