Subject: [saag] Call for SAAG comments on draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6

From: Juan Carlos Zuniga <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 22:34:24 -0500

Hello,

IntArea WG is planning to adopt draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6, and a
circulation with SAAG was suggested at IETF 109.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-11

The document has been discussed for quite some time already at IntArea, it
has evolved significantly, and it has received positive comments.

Below you also have some pointers to existing implementations.

If you have an opinion on whether this document should be adopted please cc
this email to both saag and IntArea.

Thanks,

Juan-Carlos & Wassim

(IntArea Chairs)

--------
In anticipation of the adoption call, I'd like to share the status of our
SOCKS v6 implementation.
We have the following pieces of software, all released under a very
permissive license:

 * A library for creating and parsing SOCKS v6 requests and responses
(incl. options and sanity checks). It's feature-complete as of -08:
https://github.com/45G/libsocks6msg

 * A utility library: https://github.com/45G/libsocks6util

 * A TCP proxy and transparent proxifier. (TCP Bind, UDP and v5-style
authentication are not supported yet.) Most notable features are
implemented: TLS1.3 with early data, idempotence, sessions, 0-RTT
authentication, TFO, MPTCP and DNS. https://github.com/45G/sixtysocks

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 21:39:18 -0800

If you needed something further to pique your interest, the Abstract
includes:

   This memo proposes SOCKS version 6, which reduces the number of RTTs
   used, takes full advantage of TCP Fast Open, and adds support for
   0-RTT authentication.

and the body also discusses an "idempotence token" to avoid message replay.

-Ben

> _______________________________________________
> saag mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag