Subject: [SAM] I-D ACTION:draft-lim-irtf-sam-alm-api-00.txt

From: "Lim Boon Ping" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:27:21 +0800

Dear all,

----

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: ALM API for Topology Management and Network Layer
Transparent Multimedia Transport 
	Author(s)	: B. Lim, K. Ettikan
	Filename	: draft-lim-irtf-sam-alm-api-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2008-1-21
	
  This document defines and describes the topology management and 
  network layer transparent middleware wrapper API for ALM forwarding 
  table construction, distribution and multimedia transport over 
  IPv4/IPv6 for unicast and xcast.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lim-irtf-sam-alm-api-00.txt

Regards,
Boon Ping

-----Original Message-----
From: Lim Boon Ping [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:05 PM
To: Nobuo Kawaguchi; sam
Cc: Tan Pek Yew (PSL)
Subject: [SAM] draft-pkll-irtf-sam-alm-api-00

Dear all,

Inline with the goal of SAM RG to develop a SAM framework, we have made an
attempt to define a set of wrapper API for ALM topology management and
network layer transparent content distribution. Attached in this email is the
initial draft.

  Abstract: This document defines and describes the topology management and
  network layer transparent middleware wrapper API for ALM forwarding
  table construction, distribution and multimedia content transportation over
  IPv4/IPv6 for unicast and xcast.

The proposed draft is intended to compliment SAMTK which proposed a standard
set of API for Group Management and Traffic Management, leaving the Topology
Management module undefined. Additionally, this draft also describes flexible
protocol selection mechanism as proposed in SAMTK's Traffic Management API.

It is understood that defining a set of common API which cover all ALM
protocols is a challenging task. We hope this draft will be a starting point
for further discussion to achieve SAM's goal, common ALM framework. Your
comments and suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank you!

Regards,
Boon Ping

_______________________________________________
SAM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sam