Subject: [SAM] CFP DEADLINE EXTENDED - Scalable Adaptive Multicast on P2P Overlays--special session at IEEE CCNC 2009

From: "John Buford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:23:42 -0400

The deadline for paper submissions to all special sessions
including the session on Scalable Adaptive Multicast in P2P Overlays
has been extended until August 15.

CALL FOR PAPERS
===============

Special Session on Scalable Adaptive Multicast in P2P Overlays
at IEEE Consumer Comunications and Networking Conference
www.ieee-ccnc.org
IEEE CCNC 2009 Jan 10-13 Las Vegas

The emergence of peer-to-peer networking enables new
applications that require efficient multicast communication.
These applications include peercasting of multimedia streams,
multi-party conferencing, multi-player games, and group chat.
Many consumer applications of multicasting involve small
groups of users, content streaming, mobility, hybrid transport
and other requirements not considered in previous systems.

Due to delayed deployment of native multicast, various
end-system, application layer (ALM) and overlay multicast
(OM) designs have been proposed. In the future, these protocols
are expected to coexist and integrate with native IP multicast
protocols while offering more flexible deployment options
and scaling to support a greater number of simultaneous
multicast groups. In addition these protocols need to
adapt to device capabilities and mobility.

The goal of this special session is to provide a forum
for engineers, architects, and researchers to share knowledge
and innovation in hybrid and adaptive P2P multicast techniques.
We solicit papers covering various topics of interest that
include (but are not limited to) the following:

Peer-to-peer overlays with multicast support
Small group multicast
Application Layer Multicast (ALM) techniques
Hybrid multicasting architectures
Comparitive analysis of ALM and OM architectures
Scalable integration of QoS mechanisms
Adaptive content distribution over P2P overlay multicast
Methods for large-scale group formation and discovery
Support for highly dynamic group membership
Support for mobility in P2P overlay multicast

All accepted submissions will be published in the
proceedings of IEEE CCNC 2009.  More information
about the special session is available at
http://cms.comsoc.org/eprise/main/SiteGen/CCNC_2009/Content/
Home/call_for_papers/Scalable_Adaptive_Multicast_in_P2P_Overlays.html

Submission Instructions

The deadline for paper submissions in EDAS is August 15, 2008.

Submission details can be found under
Author Information on the CCNC web site.

Session Organizers

John Buford, Avaya Labs Research, USA
Qi He, Yahoo, USA
Eng Keong Lua, NTT Laboratories, Japan
_______________________________________________
SAM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sam