Subject: [SAM] ICNP 2009 Call for Posters

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 00:27:44 +0200

Our apologies for cross-posting...
----
Dear colleagues,

Please kindly consider a poster contribution to ICNP'09 and/or forward
the following call for posters to interested people/students.

Thank you!
Xiaoming Fu (ICNP'09 Publicity Chair)

ICNP'09 Call for Posters:
========================
ICNP 2009 will hold a poster session to showcase "work-in-progress".
This has been a successful regular event at ICNP in past years and has
attracted many bright ideas that have developed into mature conference
and journal papers over time. The poster session will provide a great
chance for students to obtain feedback on their ongoing research from
knowledgeable conference attendees. In the past, these sessions have
been very well attended. While posters are welcome from everyone, we
particularly encourage on-going work in which the primary contributor
(i.e., first author) is a student. Extended (2-page) abstracts of the
posters will be reviewed by members of the Poster Session Committee. At
the conference, posters must be presented by one of the co-authors.

Posters submitted to this call for papers should contain unpublished
original ideas and not be abbreviations of published papers. The poster
extended abstract (2 pages) will be published in the conference
proceedings and CD, and put on the ICNP website.

Note that acceptance and presentation of a poster at ICNP 2009 will not
prevent authors from publishing a more complete version of their ideas
in future conferences and journals.

Important dates:
---------------
Submission deadline:          August 7, 2009, (Fri 23:59 PDT)
Notification of decisions:    August 28, 2009
Final version of abstracts:   September 4, 2009

Where to submit?
----------------
By email to: [email-masked]
Use Subject Line: ICNP 2009 poster submission Registration

At least one person must be registered for the conference to present the
poster. Students may register for the conference at the student rate for
presenting posters (if they are not presenting a full paper in the
conference which requires a full registration).
What the final poster should look like?

We define a poster to be 12 pages 8.5in x11in (letter size) on which you
can affix visually appealing material that describes your research.
Alternatively you can use the space as a continuum. You can arrange the
space and orient the poster either horizontally or vertically. You
should prepare the best material (visually appealing and succinct) that
effectively communicates your research problem, techniques, results, and
what is novel and important about your work. You are responsible for
printing your poster and bringing it to the conference site. We will
provide stands for you to mount your poster materials on.

Posters Review Committee
------------------------
Ahmed Helmy        University of Florida (Chair)
Sonia Fahmy        Purdue University
Romit Choudhury    Duke University

For questions: Email [email-masked]