Subject: [SAM] [MBONED] Multiparty Transport Overlay Control Protocol (MTOCP)

From: "KELLIL Mounir" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:40:18 +0100

Dear all,

We have just posted an Internet Draft which specifies a multiparty
overlay protocol for IP networks. The protocol operates at the transport
layer.

Please find below some details about the draft.

Your comments are welcome

Best regards

Mounir

 

      Title       : Multiparty Transport Overlay Control Protocol(MTOCP)

      Author(s)   : . Kellil, C. Janneteau, P. Roux

      Filename    : draft-kellil-sam-mtocp-00.txt

      Pages       : 15

      Date        : 2010-2-12

   To cope with the lack of IP multicast support in today's Internet, a 

   multiparty transport overlay architecture is presented in this 

   document. The goal behind placing the overlay paradigm at the 

   transport layer is to support both multicast-capable and non-

   multicast IP networks while providing an application-agnostic 

   delivery service for group communications. In particular, this 

   document specifies the Multiparty Transport Overlay Control Protocol 

   (MTOCP) used to create, update and remove multiparty transport trees 

   in an IP network. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kellil-sam-mtocp-00.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kellil-sam-mtocp-00.txt> 

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/> 

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader

implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the

Internet-Draft.