Subject: [SAM] CFC - Deadline Approaching - Advances in Next Generation Services and Service Architectures

From: "John Buford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 15:37:20 -0500

CALL FOR CHAPTERS

Proposal Submission Deadline: February 15, 2010

Advances in Next Generation Services and Service Architectures 

  www.samrg.org/book 

A book edited by

  Dr. Anand R. Prasad, NEC Corp., Japan

  Dr. John F. Buford, Avaya Labs Research, USA

  Dr. Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent, USA

To be published by River Publishers:

   http://www.riverpublishers.com

There is growing interest in recent years as technology gains in Internet,
Web 2.0, virtualization, wireless, IMS, virtual worlds, and mobile
technologies enable a variety of new services and new services
architectures. In addition more powerful endpoints and access networks are
fueling demand for delivery models that support infotainment, social
networking, location-based services, IPTV, smart grids, remote health care,
and a variety of other services.

The purpose of this book is to present state-of-the-art results in services
and service architectures, identify challenges including business models,
technology issues, service management, and security, and to describe
important trends and directions.

The target audience of this book is professionals, engineers, researchers
and students who are interested in service design and delivery over various
heterogeneous and converging network infrastructures.

Topics
=======

Contributed chapters are requested in areas including the following:

Emerging Services and Service Architecture

  Internet and Mobile Services

  Services in IMS

  Social Networking Services

  Communications Services and Web 2.0

  Location-Based Services

IPTV and Video Services

  Video Services in IMS

  Multimedia Middleware

  Media Delivery in NGN

  Converged Video Services

P2P Services

  Directions in P2P and Distributed Service Architectures

  Service-oriented Architecture and P2P

  Group Communications

   Multimedia Streaming in P2P

Security

  Security Challenges

  End-to-end Mechanisms

  Key Management

Device Technology and Service Evolution

  Device Trends

  Service and Endpoint Virtualization

  Wireless Sensor Networks and Service Delivery

  Remote Health Care

  Smart Grids and Service Delivery

Submission Procedure
====================

Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit on or before February
15, 2010, a 1-2 page summary of the proposed chapter, including:

- chapter title

- authors, affiliation, contact information, and primary author contact

- abstract

- outline

- selected related publications by the author(s)

Final chapters are expected to be approximately 20 pages in length using the
publisher's template.

Authors will be notified by February 28, 2010 about the status of their
proposals and will be sent chapter guidelines.
Full chapters are expected to be submitted by June 30, 2010 or earlier.

All submitted chapters must not have been published elsewhere and will
undergo a double-blind peer review by at least two referees.

Contributors will also be requested to serve as reviewers for this project.

Publisher
=========

This book is scheduled to be published by River Publishers.

For additional information regarding the publisher, please visit
www.riverpublishers.com. This publication is anticipated to be released in
early 2011.

Important Dates

===============

Feb 15, 2010: Proposal Submission Deadline

February 28, 2010: Notification of Acceptance

June 30, 2010: Full Chapter Submission

August 15, 2010: Review Results Returned

October 15, 2010: Final Camera-Ready Chapter Submission

November 15, 2010: Camera-Ready Manuscript to Publisher

Chapter Proposals

=================

Inquiries and submissions can be forwarded electronically to:

editors at samrg dot org

with Subject: book chapter proposal