Subject: [SAM] New Version Notification for draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api-02 (fwd)

From: Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 01:30:32 +0100

Hi all,

  we submitted an update of our draft "A Common API for Transparent 
Hybrid Multicast".

  The following changes have been made from draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api-01

   1.  Document restructured to clarify the realm of document overview
       and specific contributions s.a. naming and addressing.

   2.  A clear separation of naming and addressing was drawn.  Multicast
       URIs have been introduced,

   3.  Clarified and adapted the API calls.

   4.  Introduced Socket Option calls.

   5.  Deployment use cases moved to an appendix.

   6.  Simple programming example added.

   7.  Many editorial improvements.

  Any feedback is very appreciated!

See you in Anaheim
  matthias

-- 
Matthias Waehlisch
.  FU Berlin, Inst. fuer Informatik, AG CST
.  Takustr. 9, D-14195 Berlin, Germany
.. mailto:[email-masked] .. http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~waehl
:. Also: http://inet.cpt.haw-hamburg.de .. http://www.link-lab.net

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 16:13:14 -0800 (PST)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api-02 

A new version of I-D, draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api-02.txt has been successfuly submitted by Thomas Schmidt and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api
Revision:	 02
Title:		 A Common API for Transparent Hybrid Multicast
Creation_date:	 2010-03-08
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 19

Abstract:
Group communication services are most efficiently implemented on the
lowest layer available.  However, as the deployment status of
multicast technologies largely varies throughout the Internet,
globally operational group solutions are frequently forced to using a
stable, upper layer protocol controlled by the application itself.
This document describes a common multicast API that is suitable for
transparent underlay and overlay communication.  It proposes abstract
naming and addressing by multicast URIs and discusses mapping
mechanisms between different namespaces and distribution
technologies.  Additionally, it describes the application of this API
for building gateways that interconnect current multicast domains
throughout the Internet.

The IETF Secretariat.