Subject: [SAM] New Version Notification for draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api-03 (fwd)

From: Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:02:08 +0200

Hi all,

  we submitted an updated version of the draft "A Common API for 
Transparent Hybrid Multicast": 

  * http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api-03

  This includes the following changes:

  * Many editorial improvements
  * Restructuring & clarification of the API

  Comments are very welcome!

Looking forward to seeing you in Maastricht
  matthias

-- 
Matthias Waehlisch
.  FU Berlin, Inst. fuer Informatik, AG CST
.  Takustr. 9, D-14195 Berlin, Germany
.. mailto:[email-masked] .. http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~waehl
:. Also: http://inet.cpt.haw-hamburg.de .. http://www.link-lab.net

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 15:11:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api-03 

A new version of I-D, draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api-03.txt has been successfully submitted by Thomas Schmidt and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api
Revision:	 03
Title:		 A Common API for Transparent Hybrid Multicast
Creation_date:	 2010-07-12
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 24

Abstract:
Group communication services exist in a large variety of flavors and
technical implementations.  Multicast data distribution is most
efficiently performed on the lowest available layer, but a varying
deployment status of multicast technologies throughout the Internet
restricts service binding to runtime.  Today, it is difficult to
write an application that runs everywhere and at the same time makes
use of the most efficient multicast service available in the network.
Facing robustness requirements, developers are frequently forced to
using a stable, upper layer protocol controlled by the application
itself.  This document describes a common multicast API that is
suitable for transparent communication in underlay and overlay, and
grants access to the different multicast flavors.  It proposes an
abstract naming by multicast URIs and discusses mapping mechanisms
between different namespaces and distribution technologies.
Additionally, it describes the application of this API for building
gateways that interconnect current multicast domains throughout the
Internet.

The IETF Secretariat.

---

From: "KELLIL Mounir" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 17:17:54 +0200

Dear all,

Please find attached a new version of the draft Multiparty Transport
Overlay Control Protocol(MTOCP). We wished to submit it yesterday but
the I-D submission tool is closed until July 26th. So we will submit it
later on. The update extends the data plan section (2.4) to sum up our
answers (previously sent by email) to the questions raised by Matthias
Waehlisch. My colleague Alexandru Petrescu will present our work in the
coming IETF meeting -SAMRG session.

Please do not hesitate to send us your comments

Best regards

Mounir