Subject: [SAM] CFP: Special Session on Scalable Adaptive Multicast in P2P Overlays - DEADLINE AUG 1

From: "John Buford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:56:34 -0400

CALL FOR PAPERS

Special Session on Scalable Adaptive Multicast in P2P Overlays

IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference 2011

Jan 9 - 12, 2011 * Las Vegas, NV, USA

www.ieee-ccnc.org

The emergence of peer-to-peer networking enables new applications that
require efficient multicast communication. These applications include
peercasting of multimedia streams, multi-party conferencing, multi-player
games, and group chat. Many consumer applications of multicasting involve
small groups of users, and future P2P multicast services could need to
support millions of simultaneous groups.

Due to delayed deployment of native multicast, various end-system,
application layer (ALM) and overlay multicast ( OM ) designs have been
proposed. In the future, these protocols are expected to coexist and
integrate with native IP multicast protocols while offering more flexible
deployment options and scaling to support a greater number of simultaneous
multicast groups.

The goal of this special session is to provide a forum for engineers,
architects, and researchers to share knowledge and innovation in hybrid P2P
multicast techniques. We solicit papers covering various topics of interest
that include (but are not limited to) the following:

&#9830;Peer-to-peer overlays with multicast support &#9830;Small group
multicasting &#9830;Explicit multicasting &#9830;Application Layer Multicast
(ALM) &#9830;Hybrid multicasting architectures &#9830;Comparitive analysis
of ALM and OM architectures &#9830;Scalable integration of QoS mechanisms
&#9830;Methods for group formation and discovery that scale to large numbers
of groups &#9830;Support for highly dynamic group membership

Authors are invited to submit regular technical papers or position papers.
The position papers should present novel technologies at an early stage of
development or share future vision. All submissions should describe
original, previously unpublished research, not currently under review by
another conference or journal. Manuscripts should not exceed five (5) pages
in double-column IEEE format. Please submit the paper via EDAS.

Submissions

Deadline: Aug 1, 2010

Submissions for the Special Sessions are subject to the same rules,
guidelines and peer review as all other papers.

Further information can be found on
http://cms.comsoc.org/eprise/main/SiteGen/CCNC_2011/Content/Home/author.html

Session Organizers:

Thomas Schmidt (HAW Hamburg)
Matthias Waehlisch (Freie Universität Berlin) 
John Buford (Avaya Labs Research)