Subject: [scim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-scim-core-schema-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 13:56:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the System for Cross-domain Identity Management Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : System for Cross-Domain Identity Management: Core Schema
	Author(s)       : Chuck Mortimore
                          Patrick Harding
                          Paul Madsen
                          Trey Drake
	Filename        : draft-ietf-scim-core-schema-01.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2013-04-15

Abstract:
   The System for Cross-Domain Identity Management (SCIM) specification
   is designed to make managing user identity in cloud based
   applications and services easier.  The specification suite builds
   upon experience with existing schemas and deployments, placing
   specific emphasis on simplicity of development and integration, while
   applying existing authentication, authorization, and privacy models.
   Its intent is to reduce the cost and complexity of user management
   operations by providing a common user schema and extension model, as
   well as binding documents to provide patterns for exchanging this
   schema using standard protocols.  In essence, make it fast, cheap,
   and easy to move identity in to, out of, and around the cloud.

   This document provides a platform neutral schema and extension model
   for representing users and groups in JSON format.  This schema is
   intended for exchange and use with cloud service providers.
   Additional binding documents provide a standard REST API, SAML
   binding, and use cases.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-scim-core-schema

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-scim-core-schema-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-scim-core-schema-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/