Subject: [scim] Add TTY or TDD to canonical types for phoneNumbers.

From: Steve Moyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 07:53:02 -0400 (EDT)

I'd like to propose we add either "tdd" or "tty" (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_device_for_the_deaf) to the list of canonical types for phoneNumbers.  While these devices are rare (and you could thus argue the type of "other" is appropriate), specialized equipment is required to communicate with a person using a TDD.  One of our use cases is to send emergency alerts to users, so it's imperative that we known when a TDD is being used.

Steve

---

From: Thorsten Roßner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:56:45 +0200

As the canonical value for phonenumber type is an information about
"where will reach the person" rather than "on what kind of device" your
request seems to me very use case specific. You could either use an
extension or make use of the flexibility the standard allows in
canonical values:

"

Additionally, when Canonical Values
   are specified Service Providers SHOULD conform to those values if
   appropriate, but MAY provide alternate String values to represent
   additional values."

From:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-scim-core-schema-02#section-3.1.1

Cheers
Thorsten

Am 17.10.2013 13:53, schrieb Steve Moyer:
> _______________________________________________
> scim mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/scim