Subject: [scim] FYI: The Java Identity Api - public review ongoing

From: Prateek Mishra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 10:43:04 -0800

ABSTRACT:

The objective of this project is to define application programming 
interfaces and identity interaction models to facilitate the use and 
creation of identity by Java applications. To meet this objective, this 
specification defines a /representation for identity/ in Java, an 
/attribute/ service as a point of governance and interaction with 
identity, and an /identity repository integration/ architecture in 
support of distributed sources of identity.

The identity representation is integrated with the Java security model 
and captures identity attributes as named, metadata qualified (e.g., 
issuer, validity period, usage constraints) representations of identity 
values. The attribute service is a protected service from which 
applications request interfaces to operate on the content of the 
integrated identity repositories. In addition to value based 
interactions with identity, and in support of privacy preserving 
exchange of identity, the attribute also service provides interfaces to 
obtain and operate on references to identity attributes. Above the 
interfaces provided by the attribute service, the specification also 
defines annotations and interceptor bindings that provide application 
developers with a simple means to cause identity attributes to be 
obtained or provided to the attribute service by an annotated application.

More information available at:
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/edr/jsr351/index.html