Subject: [scim] FW: [IDM] Grouper v2.2 released!

From: Chris Phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 16:38:38 +0000

Just passing on some info about tools integrating with SCIM..

A few weeks ago, Internet2 announced an update to their group management
tool 'Grouper' with SCIM support.
If you are looking for a tool to deal specifically with managing groups
take a moment to check it out.

While this release was in the last few weeks, you can catch some
presentation material at the inCommon IAMOnline sessions here:

http://www.incommon.org/iamonline/

Specifically the March 2013 session was recorded in Adobe Connect as well
as PDFs of the presentations for the topic titled:

Three Campus Case Studies of Managing Access with Grouper (recorded March
13, 2013)

Chris.

On 14-07-11 9:31 AM, "Tom Barton" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Dear Colleagues,
>
>On behalf of the Grouper team, I am very pleased to announce the release
>of Grouper v2.2, which includes a reimagined Grouper User Interface,
>including much-improved ease of use, mobile-friendly features, the use
>of "favorites," easy tracking of all the groups an individual belongs
>to, and more. In addition, the new Grouper UI uses responsive web
>design, reducing barriers for people with disabilities.
>
>Other significant new Grouper v2.2 features include configuration
>overlay files for easier deployment and upgrading, integration with
>System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM), and the ability to
>tag folders and groups to create "services" in Grouper.
>
>We want to thank the many people in the Grouper community who provided
>valuable input for this release, especially to help us understand what
>was most important to accomplish for the new UI. We look forward to
>continuing that dialog as you send us your feedback from your v2.2
>deployment.
>
>For further details about the Grouper v2.2 release, to download the
>software and release notes, for upgrade instructions, and a link to a
>Grouper demo, please visit
>
>https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+Downloads.
>
>Thanks,
>Tom, on behalf of Chris, Shilen, Dave, and Emily
>
>-- 
>Tom Barton
>Senior Director for Architecture, Integration, and Security
>Chief Information Security Officer
>IT Services
>University of Chicago
>+1 773 834 1700