Subject: [scim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-scim-api-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 09:12:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the System for Cross-domain Identity Management Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : System for Cross-Domain Identity Management: Protocol
        Authors         : Phil Hunt
                          Kelly Grizzle
                          Morteza Ansari
                          Erik Wahlstroem
                          Technology Nexus
                          Chuck Mortimore
	Filename        : draft-ietf-scim-api-14.txt
	Pages           : 83
	Date            : 2014-12-17

Abstract:
   The System for Cross-Domain Identity Management (SCIM) specification
   is an HTTP based protocol that makes managing identities in multi-
   domain scenarios easier to support through a standardized services.
   Examples include but are not limited to enterprise to cloud service
   providers, and inter-cloud based scenarios.  The specification suite
   seeks to build upon experience with existing schemas and deployments,
   placing specific emphasis on simplicity of development and
   integration, while applying existing authentication, authorization,
   and privacy models.  SCIM's intent is to reduce the cost and
   complexity of user management operations by providing a common user
   schema and extension model and a service protocol defined by this
   document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-scim-api/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-scim-api-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-scim-api-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Phil Hunt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 09:24:28 -0800

As per the recent emails, the SCIM documents (core schema and api) have been updated to reflect some clarifications regarding configuration discovery and declaration of the format of configuration endpoint response formats. 

A number of other “nits" have been corrected based on feedback as follows:

      As Complex attributes cannot support sub-attributes that are
      complex, the filter ABNF was corrected to prevent nested
      valueFilters (which presumes support for nested Complex
      Attributes)

      Corrections to ABNF: Added missing space (SP) values to logicExp
      ABNF rule.  Corrected "not(" to make "not" optional.

      Added additional filter example showing full path with schema URI
      (to disambiguate duplicate names between schemas)

      Missing POST verb added to HTTP errors (table 7) since a POST
      endpoint might be undefined or NOT FOUND.

      Corrected JSON example in sec 3.3.2.1 (removed extraneous " )

      Corrected filter in Figure 3 so that multiple resoruce types can
      be returned per the response example in figure 4.

      Clarifications and improvements to examples in PATCH replace
      operations

      Updated references to saslprep and precis frameworks

Phil

@independentid
www.independentid.com
[email-masked]

> On Dec 17, 2014, at 9:12 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> scim mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/scim