Subject: [scim] Bulk Request - BulkId optionality

From: Phil Hunt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 10:54:59 -0800

As we’ve re-opened calls for comments, I thought I would post this…

In the section on Bulk requests, I see bulkId is REQUIRED when method is POST.

> bulkId  The transient identifier of a newly created resource,
>          unique within a bulk request and created by the client.  The
>          bulkId serves as a surrogate resource id enabling clients to
>          uniquely identify newly created resources in the Response and
>          cross reference new resources in and across operations within a
>          bulk request.  REQUIRED when method is POST.

While the server needs to support it, I believe bulkID should always be optional to the client. 

I propose that the paragraph should read:

bulkId  The transient identifier of a newly created resource whose value is
         unique within a bulk request and created by the client.  The
         bulkId serves as a surrogate resource URI enabling clients to
         uniquely identify newly created resources and reference them
         across operations within a bulk request. When referenced in a 
         subsequent operation, the URI takes the form "bulkId:<value>” 
         where "<value>" is the value of the bulkId attribute. MAY be 
         provided when method is POST. 

Phil

@independentid
www.independentid.com
[email-masked]

---

From: Ian Glazer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 14:06:20 -0500

That language looks good to me

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 1:54 PM, Phil Hunt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> scim mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/scim
>
>

-- 
Ian Glazer
Senior Director, Identity
+1 202 255 3166
@iglazer <https://twitter.com/iglazer>

---

From: Kelly Grizzle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 19:23:01 +0000

+1

From: scim [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ian Glazer
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2015 1:06 PM
To: Phil Hunt
Cc: SCIM WG
Subject: Re: [scim] Bulk Request - BulkId optionality

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 1:54 PM, Phil Hunt <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
As we’ve re-opened calls for comments, I thought I would post this…

Phil

@independentid
www.independentid.com<http://www.independentid.com>
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
scim mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/scim

--
Ian Glazer
Senior Director, Identity
+1 202 255 3166
@iglazer<https://twitter.com/iglazer>