Subject: [scim] Last Call: <draft-ietf-scim-core-schema-17.txt> (System for Cross-Domain Identity Management: Core Schema) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 09:34:45 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the System for Cross-domain Identity
Management WG (scim) to consider the following document:
- 'System for Cross-Domain Identity Management: Core Schema'
  <draft-ietf-scim-core-schema-17.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-04-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The System for Cross-Domain Identity Management (SCIM) specifications
   are designed to make identity management in cloud based applications
   and services easier.  The specification suite builds upon experience
   with existing schemas and deployments, placing specific emphasis on
   simplicity of development and integration, while applying existing
   authentication, authorization, and privacy models.  Its intent is to
   reduce the cost and complexity of user management operations by
   providing a common user schema and extension model, as well as
   binding documents to provide patterns for exchanging this schema
   using HTTP protocol.

   This document provides a platform neutral schema and extension model
   for representing users and groups and other resource types in JSON
   format.  This schema is intended for exchange and use with cloud
   service providers.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-scim-core-schema/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-scim-core-schema/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.