Subject: [scim] Last Call: <draft-ietf-scim-api-16.txt> (System for Cross-Domain Identity Management: Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 09:35:14 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the System for Cross-domain Identity
Management WG (scim) to consider the following document:
- 'System for Cross-Domain Identity Management: Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-scim-api-16.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-04-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The System for Cross-Domain Identity Management (SCIM) specification
   is an HTTP based protocol that makes managing identities in multi-
   domain scenarios easier to support through a standardized services.
   Examples include but are not limited to enterprise to cloud service
   providers, and inter-cloud based scenarios.  The specification suite
   seeks to build upon experience with existing schemas and deployments,
   placing specific emphasis on simplicity of development and
   integration, while applying existing authentication, authorization,
   and privacy models.  SCIM's intent is to reduce the cost and
   complexity of user management operations by providing a common user
   schema and extension model and a service protocol defined by this
   document.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-scim-api/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-scim-api/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.