Subject: [scim] Schema DateTime section edits

From: Steve Moyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 09:27:45 -0400

Section 2.2.5 of the SCIM schema specification refers to XML-Schema, XML
Constraints and a non-existent section 3.3.7.  All three appear to be
left-overs from previous versions/revisions of the document.

The examples all seem to use the ISO 8601 date time format (with
timezone) - Is the the expected format for a SCIM DateTime?

Thanks!

Steve

---

From: Phil Hunt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 14:29:34 -0700

Steve,

My understanding is that XML-Schema is consistent with ISO8601. But the XML-Schema one is the referenced definition. 
> In this version of this specification, two changes are made in order to agree with existing usage. First, ·year· is permitted to have the value zero. Second, the interpretation of ·year· values is changed accordingly: a ·year· value of zero represents 1 BCE, −1 represents 2 BCE, etc. This representation simplifies interval arithmetic and leap-year calculation for dates before the common era (which may be why astronomers and others interested in such calculations with the proleptic Gregorian calendar have adopted it), and is consistent with the current edition of [ISO 8601].

I suspect you weren’t looking at the correct version of XML-Schema (this one has section 3.3.7) referenced in the specification:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/#dateTime

Phil

@independentid
www.independentid.com
[email-masked]

> On Apr 26, 2015, at 6:27 AM, Steve Moyer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> scim mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/scim

---

From: Steve Moyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 21:21:45 -0400

Phil,

Thanks once again for your explanation.  I was looking for Section 3.3.7
in the SCIM schema specification because the link on that text points to
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-scim-core-schema-18#section-3.3.7
(an anchor within the SCIM specification).  Looking at the section you
high-lighted, as well as the rest of the XML Schema DateTime section, I
agree that this reference is correct (and matches the DateTime values
shown in the examples).

Steve

-- 
"One longs, in reading your code, to walk on all fours" - Voltaire