Subject: [scim] Concern in HTTP response status code for SCIM PATCH operation.

From: Dewni Weeraman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 08:13:33 +0530

Hi All,

I have a requirement to implement a feature to trigger email account
verification in a scenario where the user’s email address is updated. Till
email verification happens the email address of the user will not be
updated with the new email address. The above feature will be invoked via a
SCIM PATCH operation to update the email address.

As defined in the SCIM specification [1], on successful completion of a
PATCH request, the server returns either *200 - OK* or *204 - No Content*.
In my requirement, the HTTP response status code needs to be *202 -
Accepted* to indicate that the request has been accepted but the processing
has not been completed since the updated email is not verified. Therefore
I'm currently having concerns regarding the recommended HTTP status code to
be returned with the SCIM response.

Any input regarding the recommended HTTP response status code on a scenario
where a SCIM PATCH operation is performed for verifiable claims is highly
appreciated.

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7644#section-3.5.2

Kind regards,
Dewni Weeraman

-- 
Dewni Weeraman | Software Engineer | WSO2 Inc.
(m) +94 077 2979049 | (e) [email-masked] <[email-masked]>

<http://wso2.com/signature>