Subject: [sipcore] What is Coming in INFO

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:15:42 -0400

Nits: changed most (but not all) "dialogs" to "sessions". We never  
talked about REFER, so we will not start now

Big thing:
There is enough stuff out there on 489 that I now, too, agree that  
reusing 489 would be confusing. Please +1 or whine now on the new text.

Thanks.

Here is the proposed new text:

Section 4.3 Responses to the INFO Request Method

If the INFO request indicates an Info Package type the server does not  
understand, then the server MUST respond with a 469 Bad INFO Package.  
In the terminology of Multiple Dialog Usages [RFC5057], this  
represents a Transaction Only failure.

If a server receives an INFO request with a body it understands, but  
it has no Info-Package header, the UAS MAY use the body as it sees  
fit. If the UAS accepts the INFO request, the UAS MUST respond to the  
INFO request with a 200 OK. This enables legacy use of INFO. If the  
UAS needs to enforce strict compliance with the current INFO framework  
described here, the UAS MUST reject the request with a 469.

Section 9.6 Registration
Please register the 469 response code in the Session Initiation  
Protocol Parameters - Response Codes registry as follows.
Response Code: 469
Default Reason Phrase: Bad INFO Package
Reference: &rfcxxxx;