Subject: [sipcore] Draft new version: draft-holmberg-sipcore-keep-00 (previously known as draft-holmberg-sip-keep)

From: "Christer Holmberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:31:34 +0200

Hi,

I've submitted a draft-holmberg-sipcore version of the keep draft.

The draft is identical to the previous version (for which Mary sent out
the ask-for-support e-mail), but I have added one more example.

The draft can also be found at:

http://users.piuha.net/cholmber/drafts/draft-holmberg-sipcore-keep-00.tx
t

Regards,

Christer

Ps. I applogize for sending this e-mail to both SIP and SIPCORE, but
since everyone may not have subscribed to SIPCORE yet...

---

From: "Bharrat, Shaun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 22:21:51 -0400

> When a UAS that supports the method defined in this specification
   recieves an initial SIP request which contains a "keep" parameter in
   the topmost Via header, and the UAS wants to allow the sender of the
   initial SIP request to send keep-alives towards the UAS during the
   duration of the call, the UAS proxy MUST add a "yes" value to the
   "keep" parameter.  In addition the UAS MAY include a Flow-Timer
   header field if the associated initial SIP response.

Which response is this text referring to when this is for a call?
Does this include the 100 trying? If in the 100 trying, does the
keep need to be in all responses to the INVITE? WHat about the Flow-Timer?

The reason I'm asking is that 100 trying is often generated at a
very different place than the other responses. It may or may not
be feasible to provide the relevant information in that response.
I'm trying to understand the intent...

Thanks and cheers,
Shaun

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] on behalf of Christer Holmberg
Sent: Thu 4/16/2009 4:31 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: Adam Roach; Gonzalo Camarillo; Mary Barnes
Subject: [Sip] Draft new version: draft-holmberg-sipcore-keep-00 (previouslyknown as draft-holmberg-sip-keep)

Hi,

Regards,

Christer