Subject: [sipcore] IETF 75: Agenda Time Requests

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 14:13:43 -0500

[as chair]

In keeping with the spirit of our charter, we intend to run SIPCORE 
face-to-face meetings in a very focused fashion. To that end, requests 
for SIPCORE agenda time need to contain the following information:

  1. The name of the draft or drafts under discussion
  2. A list of open issues to be addressed
  3. A pointer to non-trivial mailing list discussion of the draft (the
     subject line of associated threads is sufficient)

Presentations are expected to be focused around the list of open issues, 
not the general contents of or changes to the document.  Tutorial 
content must be limited to explaining the open issues and potential 
resolutions to those issues.

Please note that it will be very difficult to have non-trivial mailing 
list discussion of drafts that are submitted very close to the document 
submission deadlines. We strongly encourage authors who plan to request 
agenda time to publish a revised document well ahead of the deadlines.

Currently, we have requested a total of 3.5 hours of meeting time at the 
upcoming meeting in Stockholm this July. Depending on the total number 
of open issues and the associated volume of mailing list traffic, we may 
reduce this to 2.5 hours or even 1 hour.

If you wish to request agenda time, please send these three pieces of 
information to the SIPCORE chairs on or before June 3rd. Length of 
timeslots will be determined based on the number and complexity of open 
issues in the agenda request. If a new open issue arises after 
submission of a request, please notify the chairs so that we can adjust 
timeslots accordingly.

For the sake of clarity: the discussion will not be limited to the open 
items listed in your request; it can include open items that arise after 
you submit your request. So, if your list of open items is somewhat weak 
but you expect that difficult points may arise between June 3rd and the 
Stockholm meeting, please send in a request indicating that fact.

/a