Subject: [sipcore] I-D on TCP/SCTP connection reuse

From: Vijay Gurbani <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 01:09:41 -0500

Folks: When we had moved connect-reuse ahead for IESG review, we
had decided to take out the parts dealing with reusing TCP and SCTP
connections.  The plan was to have a new I-D that documents how to
use TCP and SCTP connection reuse.

A draft along those lines is now available; please see
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jain-sip-transport-layer-connection-reuse-00.

Any comments on it will be most helpful.  At this point, we are
not sure where to target it -- sipcore is probably the closest.
But for now, if you can focus on the contents of the draft, that'll
be most helpful.

Thank you.

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
WWW:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg