Subject: [sipcore] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-sparks-sipcore-invfix-00

From: Theo Zourzouvillys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:19:32 +0100

I've just submitted this which incorporates feedback and comments
received on list from draft-sparks-sip-invfix-03.

it would be great if people could go over the draft and give me any
comments they may have.

 ~ Theo

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:29 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-sparks-sipcore-invfix-00
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Filename:        draft-sparks-sipcore-invfix
Revision:        00
Title:           Correct transaction handling for 200 responses to
Session Initiation Protocol INVITE requests
Creation_date:   2009-07-06
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 20

Abstract:
This document normatively updates RFC 3261, the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP), to address an error in the specified handling of
success (200 class) responses to INVITE requests.  Elements following
RFC 3261 exactly will misidentify retransmissions of the request as a
new, unassociated, request.  The correction involves modifying the
INVITE transaction state machines.  The correction also changes the
way responses that cannot be matched to an existing transaction are
handled to address a security risk.

-- 
Theo Zourzouvillys
Chief Technical Officer
VoIP.co.uk

http://twitter.com/zourzouvillys
http://crazygreek.co.uk/