Subject: [sipcore] Rfc4244bis: Reason in the History-Info Header field

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 14:26:21 +0200

I just noticed that there is a difference about the Reason header
between Version -01 and -02 of draft-barnes-sipcore-rfc4244bis although
it is not listed in Clause 13.

Version -01 contained the following statement: "For retargets as a
result of timeouts or internal events, a Reason MAY be associated with
the hi-targeted-to-uri that has been retargeted". This statement does
not appear anymore in version -02. In version -02, the timeout case is
covered by a new paragraph but the "internal events" case (e.g. event
occuring as a result of an internal application logic decision) does not
seem to be covered.

Has this been done on purpose? If yes, I believe we need an alternative
parameter to convey the "reason" (i.e. the name of the so-called
internal event) that has trigerred the retargeting. If not, we need to
specify how the Reason header is populated in such cases, in particular
how to set the "protocol" element (protocol = "SIP" / "Q.850" / token)
of the Reason header field.

BC