Subject: [sipcore] Fixes in GRUU spec for alignment with outbound

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 15:30:51 -0400

GRUU and outbound are about to emerge from RFC editor with their final 
RFC numbers. As part of this process, we (the authors) do a final round 
of changes to fix editorial issues or bugs found in the spec since it 
was last revised. I made a few such changes to GRUU and wanted to call 
them out:

* there was a misalignment between GRUU and sip-outbound around changes 
in call-ID in registrations. In particular, GRUU assumed that a change 
in the call-ID in a registration for the same instance ID, signals a 
reset in the temp-gruu. However, outbound requires a different call-ID 
on registrations for different reg-id for the same instance-ID. 
Following outbound would therefore cause the registrar to invalidate all 
temp-gruu as registrations come from one reg-id and then the other. I 
fixed this in gruu by clarifying that, its a change in registration for 
the same instance ID, and if outbound is in use, same reg-id, that cause 
reset. This required touching several places in the document.

* there was a bug in the BNF reported on the list some time back, which 
I corrected

* I needed to change references from ua-loose-route to the newer 
target-URI document

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   111 Wood Avenue South
Cisco Fellow                                   Iselin, NJ 08830
Cisco, Voice Technology Group
[email-masked]
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (408) 902-3084
http://www.cisco.com