Subject: [sipcore] FW: I-D Action:draft-jones-sip-forum-fax-problem-statement-00.txt

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:47:11 -0500

FYI to the general SIP community. 

There have been substantial field reports of difficulties with T.30 FAX is
SIP networks and the SIP Forum was asked to help facilitate discussions
among a group of technical experts in fax order to provider recommendations
to either the IETF and or ITU SG16 on possible approaches to the problem.

Fax is a essential realtime communications service that is not going away
and making fax work properly needs to be addressed.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 3:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-jones-sip-forum-fax-problem-statement-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : SIP Forum - Fax Over IP Task Group Problem
Statement
	Author(s)       : X. Chen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-jones-sip-forum-fax-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-11-17

This memo is published for informational purposes to document the issues
identified by the SIP Forum with respect to the transmission of facsimile
signaling messages and fax page data over Internet Protocol (IP) networks.
Further, it is the intent of this memo to alert the IETF to the formation of
a Fax Over IP Task Group within the SIP Forum chartered to investigate and
address identified issues as they relate to the deployment of fax services
in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jones-sip-forum-fax-problem-statem
ent-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.