Subject: [sipcore] Draft-ietf-sipcore-info-events: pre-03 version

From: "Christer Holmberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 08:53:49 +0100

Hi,

I have put together a new, pre-03, version of the info-events draft.
Again, based on WGLC comments and discussions there has been a number of
re-writes and clarifications.

Since we are in the no-draft-submission period, the draft is only an
"unofficial draft" of the next version, and based on comments etc it may
change before the "real" -03 version is submitted. 

It can be downloaded from:

http://users.piuha.net/cholmber/drafts/draft-ietf-sipcore-info-events-03
pre.txt

There are a few open issues I would like people to pay attention to:

1.	When one registers an Info Package, do we require a reference to
the implementation details of the Info Package? There could be people
who don't want to provide those details (at least not openly to
"anyone"), but may still want to register the Info Package. Allowing
that would at least prevent someone else from registering a package with
the same name.

2.	Currently there are no strict rules on when UAs need to insert
Recv-Info (ie there is nothing similar to offer-answer). The draft only
indicates in which messages a UA is ALLOWED to do so. However, in order
to support 3pcc it has been commented that we would need to require a UA
to insert Recv-Info at least in a re-INVITE response, and probably also
in the associated ACK.

Regards,

Christer