Subject: [sipcore] RFC 6086 on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) INFO Method and Package Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 12:44:23 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6086

        Title:      Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) INFO 
                    Method and Package Framework 
        Author:     C. Holmberg, E. Burger,
                    H. Kaplan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 75949
        Obsoletes:  RFC2976

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipcore-info-events-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6086.txt

This document defines a method, INFO, for the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP), and an Info Package mechanism.  This document
obsoletes RFC 2976.  For backward compatibility, this document also
specifies a "legacy" mode of usage of the INFO method that is
compatible with the usage previously defined in RFC 2976, referred to
as "legacy INFO Usage" in this document.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC