Subject: [sipcore] New music-on-hold technique: Revised draft available

From: "Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 16:42:15 -0500

I've updated draft-worley-service-example to take into account Paul's and John's reviews.

Does anyone have any further comments?

Dale

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-worley-service-example/
________________________________________
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 4:59 PM
To: Worley, Dale R (Dale)
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-worley-service-example-06

A new version of I-D, draft-worley-service-example-06.txt has been successfully submitted by Dale Worley and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-worley-service-example
Revision:        06
Title:           Session Initiation Protocol Service Example -- Music on Hold
Creation_date:   2010-12-29
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 32

Abstract:
The "music on hold" feature is one of the most desired features of
telephone systems in the business environment.  "Music on hold" is
where, when one party to a call has the call "on hold", that party's
telephone provides an audio stream (often music) to be heard by the
other party.  Architectural features of SIP make it difficult to
implement music-on-hold in a way that is fully compliant with the
standards.  The implementation of music-on-hold described in this
document is fully effective and standards-compliant, and has a number
of advantages over the methods previously documented.  In particular,
it is less likely to produce peculiar user interface effects and more
likely to work in systems which perform authentication than the
method of RFC 5359.