Subject: [sipcore] RFC 6141 on Re-INVITE and Target-Refresh Request Handling in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 10:05:06 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6141

        Title:      Re-INVITE and Target-Refresh Request Handling 
                    in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     G. Camarillo, Ed.,
                    C. Holmberg, Y. Gao
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 57517
        Updates:    RFC3261

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6141.txt

The procedures for handling SIP re-INVITEs are described in RFC 3261.
Implementation and deployment experience has uncovered a number of
issues with the original documentation, and this document provides
additional procedures that update the original specification to
address those issues.  In particular, this document defines in which
situations a UAS (User Agent Server) should generate a success
response and in which situations a UAS should generate an error
response to a re-INVITE.  Additionally, this document defines further
details of procedures related to target-refresh requests.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC