Subject: [sipcore] RFC 6228 on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Response Code for Indication of Terminated Dialog

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 17:20:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6228

        Title:      Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Response 
                    Code for Indication of Terminated Dialog 
        Author:     C. Holmberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 34311
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipcore-199-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6228.txt

This specification defines a new Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
response code, 199 Early Dialog Terminated, that a SIP forking proxy
and a User Agent Server (UAS) can use to indicate to upstream SIP
entities (including the User Agent Client (UAC)) that an early dialog
has been terminated, before a final response is sent towards the SIP
entities.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC