Subject: Re: [sipcore] 4244bis-05: tel: URIs

From: "Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 17:23:59 -0400

How are tel: URIs handled?  From section 5, it looks like a tel: gets turned into a sip: if
Reason or Privacy needs to be applied:

   Note that since both the Reason and Privacy parameters are included
   in the hi-targeted-to-uri, these fields will not be available in the
   case that the hi-targeted-to-uri is a Tel-URI [RFC3966].  In such
   cases, the Tel-URI SHOULD be transformed into a SIP URI per section
   19.1.6 of [RFC3261].

But 10.2 makes it sound as if Reason isn't applied to tel:

   If the Reason header field is being added due to
   receipt of an explicit SIP response and the response contains any
   Reason header fields (see [RFC3326]), then the SIP entity MUST
   include the Reason header fields in the "headers" component of the
   hi-targeted-to-uri in the last hi-entry added to the cache, unless
   the hi-targeted-to-uri is a Tel-URI.  If the SIP response does not
   contain a Reason header field, the SIP entity MUST include a Reason
   header field, containing the SIP Response Code, in the "headers"
   component of the hi-targeted-to-uri in the last hi-entry added to the
   cache, unless the hi-targeted-to-uri is a Tel-URI.

Dale