Subject: [sipcore] RFC 6442 on Location Conveyance for the Session Initiation Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 16:21:26 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6442

        Title:      Location Conveyance for the Session 
                    Initiation Protocol 
        Author:     J. Polk, B. Rosen,
                    J. Peterson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 80795
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipcore-location-conveyance-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6442.txt

This document defines an extension to the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) to convey geographic location information from one
SIP entity to another SIP entity.  The SIP extension covers
end-to-end conveyance as well as location-based routing, where SIP
intermediaries make routing decisions based upon the location of the
Location Target.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 19:28:19 -0600

yyyeeeeeeee..... aaaaahhhhhhhhh

clank...

.....   creeeeek  .......

<<<thud>>>

(dust settles)

wow... so that's been the weight dragging on me all this time....

I feel better

;-)

James

At 06:21 PM 12/2/2011, [email-masked] wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>IETF-Announce mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 13:02:15 +1100

Congratulations.

On 3 December 2011 12:28, James M. Polk <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> For searching the RFC series, see
>> http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
> sipcore mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipcore

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 01:00:28 +0800

Congratulations to the authors. It has been a long slog!

	Thanks,
	Paul