Subject: [sipcore] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sipcore-proxy-feature-09.txt> (Mechanism to indicate support of features and capabilities in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 14:04:03 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Session Initiation Protocol Core
WG (sipcore) to consider the following document:
- 'Mechanism to indicate support of features and capabilities in the
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)'
  <draft-ietf-sipcore-proxy-feature-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-09-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines a new SIP header field, Feature-Caps, to
   convey feature capability indicators, which are used by SIP entities
   not represented by the URI of the Contact header field to indicate
   support of features and capabilities, where media feature tags cannot
   be used to indicate the support.

   This specification also defines feature capability indicators, and
   creates a new IANA registry, "Proxy-Feature Feature Capability
   Indicator Trees", for registering feature capability indicators.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-proxy-feature/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-proxy-feature/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.