Subject: [sipcore] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:59:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for Request History Information
	Author(s)       : Mary Barnes
                          Francois Audet
                          Shida Schubert
                          Detecon International Gmbh
                          Christer Holmberg
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-11.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2013-01-11

Abstract:
   This document defines a standard mechanism for capturing the history
   information associated with a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
   request.  This capability enables many enhanced services by providing
   the information as to how and why a SIP request arrives at a specific
   application or user.  This document defines an optional SIP header
   field, History-Info, for capturing the history information in
   requests.  The document also defines SIP header field parameters for
   the History-Info and Contact header fields to tag the method by which
   the target of a request is determined.  In addition, this
   specification defines a value for the Privacy header field that
   directs the anonymization of values in the History-Info header field.
   This document obsoletes RFC 4244.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-11

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 16:12:24 -0600

Hi all,

The document has been updated to reflect the comments made after the
WG and IETF last call for this document,  during the WG last call for
draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-callflows.

The changes are as follows:

1) Added text in the intro (section1) and overview (section 4) to
indicate the priv-value of "history" and the option tag of "histinfo"
are defined in this document (Marianne's comments MM#1 and MM#2), with
references to the relevant sections describing normative behavior.

2) Clarified that the hi-entries are added in chronological order
(Dale's comments).

3) Added text around the fact that the hi-index can be the same for
multiple entries in the case of forking by a proxy that does not
support History-info (per Dale and Paul's comments).

4) Added text in section 12 voicemail application example that if the
"rc" tag is not present, then the behavior can default to that as
defined in RFC 4458 (Marianne's comment MM#4).

5) Fixed the example in section 5.1 to show that the UAC adds and
hi-entry (Brett's comment).

6) Fixed a few typos.

Please note that the call flow document has not yet been updated based
upon the WGLC comments.

Regards,
Mary.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Subject: [sipcore] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-11.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core
Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : An Extension to the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) for Request History Information
        Author(s)       : Mary Barnes
                          Francois Audet
                          Shida Schubert
                          Detecon International Gmbh
                          Christer Holmberg
        Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-11.txt
        Pages           : 36
        Date            : 2013-01-11

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
sipcore mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipcore