Subject: [sipcore] Dispatching of draft-ivov-dispatch-trickle-ice-sip-00 and draft-ivov-dispatch-sdpfrag

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 16:10:19 -0600

Hi all,

We had our review of the DISPATCH-86 topics with the ADs this morning.
 The decision was to dispatch these documents to the MMUSIC WG for
discussion as potential work items:
- draft-ivov-dispatch-trickle-ice-sip (currently proposes a new INFO
event package)
- draft-ivov-dispatch-sdpfrag (defines application/sdpfrag MIME media type)

It made more sense to dispatch to MMUSIC since they are related to
draft-ivov-mmusic-trickle-ice-00 which is currently under discussion
as a proposed MMUSIC WG document.  And, neither the SIP change nor RFC
6086 require that this sort of work be done in SIPCORE.

If you have any questions or comments, please let the ADs know ASAP.
I will be posting this decision along with the plans for the other
IETF-86 topics and agenda by tomorrow morning.

Regards,
Mary
DISPATCH WG co-chair

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 00:50:06 -0500

Ok - we'll add them to the MMUSIC agenda. Does any other group need to 
review these drafts at some point or can they be handled completely by 
MMUSIC ?

Thanks

-- Flemming

On 2/26/13 5:10 PM, Mary Barnes wrote:
> .

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 09:07:11 -0600

> review these drafts at some point or can they be handled completely by 
That depends entirely on what the final mechanisms start to look like.

I would make sure SIPCORE stays aware of the things that end up 
transported in SIP, and as the drafts mature, continue to re-assess 
whether pieces of them need to be done in SIPCORE.

---

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:28:17 -0500 (EST)

> From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>

> From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>

> whether pieces of them need to be done in SIPCORE.

RTCWEB seems to want trickle ICE, and RTCWEB will be providing another
transport mechanism for trickle ICE updates, so I think they should
stay informed as well.

Dale