Subject: [sipcore] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 17:26:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The WebSocket Protocol as a Transport for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : Inaki Baz Castillo
                          Jose Luis Millan Villegas
                          Victor Pascual
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket-07.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2013-02-17

Abstract:
   The WebSocket protocol enables two-way realtime communication between
   clients and servers in web-based applications.  This document
   specifies a WebSocket sub-protocol as a reliable transport mechanism
   between SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) entities to enable usage of
   SIP in web-oriented deployments.  This document normatively updates
   RFC 3261.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 02:31:28 +0100

Hi all,

First of all I'm really sorry for the delay in submitting this new
revision 07 of draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket.

This new revision of the document includes the following changes based
on feedback received in the SIPCORE WG maillist:

- Removed mention to RFC 4168 "SIP STCP" in section "SIP URI Transport
Parameter" (thanks to Martin Vopatek).

- Section 6 "Connection Keep Alive" improved and normative statements
(RFC 2119) removed (thanks to Robert Sparks).

- Section 7 "Authentication" fixed and improved (thanks to Robert Sparks).

- Section 9.1 "Secure WebSocket Connection" (under "Security
Considerations") now mentions that SIP TLS certificate checks
specified in RFC 3261 or RFC 5922 don't apply when using SIP over
WebSocket transport (and RFC 5922 "Domain Certificates in SIP" added
to "Informative References").

- "Abstract" and "Introduction" improved by removing "new" keyword
(not good for RFCs) (thanks to Robert Sparks).

- ABNF in 5.2.1 and 5.2.2 (Via Transport Parameter and SIP URI
Transport Parameter) improved by using =/ syntax (thanks to Robert
Sparks and Paul Kyzivat).

- RFC 2617 "HTTP Authentication: Basic and Digest Access
Authentication" removed from "References" since it is no longer
mentioned in the document. Instead the document points to the RFC 3261
section describing Digest usage in SIP protocol.

Thanks a lot to all and best regards.

2013/2/18  <[email-masked]>:
> _______________________________________________
> sipcore mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipcore

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>