Subject: [sipcore] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket-08.txt> (The WebSocket Protocol as a Transport for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 10:54:10 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Session Initiation Protocol Core
WG (sipcore) to consider the following document:
- 'The WebSocket Protocol as a Transport for the Session Initiation
   Protocol (SIP)'
  <draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-04-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The WebSocket protocol enables two-way realtime communication between
   clients and servers in web-based applications.  This document
   specifies a WebSocket sub-protocol as a reliable transport mechanism
   between SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) entities to enable usage of
   SIP in web-oriented deployments.  This document normatively updates
   RFC 3261.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.