Subject: [sipcore] Outbound clarification

From: José Luis Millán <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 11:48:22 +0200

Hi,

May someone help me parsing this phrase from Outbound specification?

The prhase I don't understand is:
'''
that was instantiated using a Contact header field value that included an
"ob" parameter
'''

It is taken from RFC 5626 section 4.3. "Sending Non-REGISTER Requests":

'''
If the UAC is using a Globally
Routable UA URI (GRUU) [RFC5627] that was instantiated using a
Contact header field value that included an "ob" parameter, the UAC
sends the request over the flow used for registration, and subsequent
requests will arrive over that same flow.  If the UAC is not using
such a GRUU, then the UAC adds an "ob" parameter to its Contact
header field value.
'''

Thanks a lot

---

From: José Luis Millán <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:29:44 +0200

May it mean that the GRUU was obtained from a REGISTER request which
Contact header contained the ;ob parameter?

2013/6/28 José Luis Millán <[email-masked]>

-- 
José Luis Millán

---

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 16:34:54 -0400 (EDT)

> From: JosC) Luis MillC!n <[email-masked]>
> 

Yes, I believe that is what it means.  Every GRUU refers to an
underlying Contact address, which is where requests to that GRUU will
be routed to.  That Contact address is what was used in the REGISTER
request to obtain the GRUU.  The question seems to be, "Does this GRUU
refer to a Contact address that includes an "ob" parameter?"

Dale