Subject: Re: [sipcore] Outbound clarification

From: José Luis Millán <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 18:20:01 +0200

Hi Dale,

I thought that too, but based on the definition of the ;ob parameter, it
has no sense in a Contact header of a REGISTER request, since such request
does never belong to a dialog.

'''
The "ob" parameter is a SIP URI parameter that has a different meaning
depending on context. In a Path header field value, it is used by the first
edge proxy to indicate that a flow token was added to the URI. In a Contact
or Route header field value, it indicates that the UA would like other
requests in the same dialog to be routed over the same flow.
'''

2013/6/28 Dale R. Worley <[email-masked]>

> > From: JosC) Luis MillC!n <[email-masked]>
> >
> > May it mean that the GRUU was obtained from a REGISTER request which
> > Contact header contained the ;ob parameter?
>
> Yes, I believe that is what it means.  Every GRUU refers to an
> underlying Contact address, which is where requests to that GRUU will
> be routed to.  That Contact address is what was used in the REGISTER
> request to obtain the GRUU.  The question seems to be, "Does this GRUU
> refer to a Contact address that includes an "ob" parameter?"
>
> Dale
>

-- 
José Luis Millán

---

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 02:26:53 +0200

> refer to a Contact address that includes an "ob" parameter?"

The problem is:

alice ---- Proxy+Registrar ---- bob

- alice has a GRUU registration.
- alice calls bob with ;gr in Contact.
- Let's suppose P+R adds Outbound flow token in R-R.
- Call is established.
- Later bob sends BYE.
- Such a BYE arrives to P+R with a Route header containg an outbound
flow token and with a RURI containing ;gr.

How should P+R route the BYE? by using Outbound (looking for the
connection associated to the flow token in the Route header)? or by
performing GRUU (replacing the RURI with the real Contact? In the
former, if the TCP connection of alice was re-established during the
dialog, the BYE could not be sent.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>