Subject: [sipcore] SIP/websocket: SIP Identity question

From: Binod <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 09:50:00 +0530

Hi,

Section 7 of sip/websocket says the following.

    If SIP Digest authentication is not requested for SIP requests coming
    from the SIP WebSocket Client, then the SIP WebSocket Server MUST
    authorize SIP requests based on a previous Web or WebSocket login /
    authentication procedure, and MUST validate that the SIP identity in
    those SIP requests match the SIP identity associated to the WebSocket
    connection.

I assume, the "SIP identity associated to the WebSocket connection" is not
exactly the same as the "web identity" associated with the websocket connection.

The RFC draft does not explain how the SIP WebSocket Server maps the
"web identity" (example: the username with which user logs into a website)
to the "sip identity".

So, the "matching" specified in section 7, happens "after" a potential mapping
between "web identity" and "sip identity".

Did I get it right?

Hope draft is not mandating that username with which user logs into the website
must match with the sip identity present in the SIP request.

thanks,
Binod.