Subject: [sipcore] [RAI] Fwd: NOMCOM 2013 - UPDATED 2nd Call for Nominations - APP, OAM, RAI, TSV

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 09:44:59 -0400

People, there is a need for more nominees/volunteers to run for RAI AD, 
as replacement for Gonzalo, whose term is expiring. If you are 
interested, or know somebody you would like to run, please speak up.

	Thanks,
	Paul

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [RAI] Fwd: NOMCOM 2013 - UPDATED 2nd Call for Nominations -
APP, OAM, RAI, TSV
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 09:44:23 +0300
From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>

Folks,

we need more volunteers (see email below). If you are thinking of
running but still have some doubts about it, feel free to talk with me
(or with any of the former RAI ADs) and we will be happy to clarify
everything for you.

Cheers,

Gonzalo

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: NOMCOM 2013 - UPDATED 2nd Call for Nominations - APP, OAM, RAI, TSV
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 11:45:14 -0700
From: NomCom Chair <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
CC: <[email-masked]>

UPDATE: nominations are too sparse in several of the IESG areas:  APP, OAM,
RAI, and TSV.  If you know one or more of those areas, exercise your social
network and submit nominations.  We'll be very grateful!

Is there someone you work with at IETF who has leadership potential and a
growing track record? Please read this Nomcom call for nominations and
consider
nominating her or him. Or several folks! Deadline for nominations is
October 18.
Nominate soon to give your nominee(s) plenty time to fill in the
questionnaire.

If you're nominated, even if you support the present incumbent, being
reviewed
by Nomcom is great IETF experience.  The questionnaire offers a chance to
think about IETF and about your area.  Whether or not your candidacy
progresses
this time, you'll have gained some valuable insights, and you'll have
contributed
greatly. This process only works because many IETFers take part; please
join in.

Lots more, including which positions are open, how to make a nomination
(including nomination of yourself), and how to send us your feedback on
the desired expertise, follows.

IETFers, let's hear from you!  Make nominations, accept nominations!

If you have any questions about the process, feel free to get in touch
with me.

Best regards,

Allison for the Nomcom

Allison Mankin
Nomcom Chair 2013-14

----- The Info You Need for Nominating -----

The 2013-14 Nominating Committee (Nomcom) is seeking nominations
from now until October 18, 2013. The open positions being considered
by this year's Nomcom can be found later in this section, and also on
this year's Nomcom website:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2013/

Information about the desired expertise for positions is here:
           https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2013/expertise

Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of
the Nomcom 2013 home page, or by visiting the following URL:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2013/nominate/

Note that nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org
datatracker account. You can create a datatracker ietf.org account
if you don't have one already by visiting the following URL:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/

Nominations may also be made by email to nomcom13 at ietf.org.
If you nominate by email, please include the word "Nominate" in the Subject
and indicate in the email who is being nominated, their email address (to
confirm acceptance of the nomination), and the position for which you
are making the nomination. If you use email, please use a separate email for
each person you nominate, and for each position (if you are nominating one
person for multiple positions).

Self-nomination is welcome!  No need to be shy.

Nomcom 2013-14 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing
Nominees" described in RFC 5680.  As stated in RFC 5680: "The list of
nominees willing to be considered for positions under review in the
current Nomcom cycle is not confidential". Willing nominees for each
position will be listed in a publicly accessible way - anyone with a
datatracker account may access the lists.  In all other ways, the
confidentiality requirements of RFC 3777/BCP10 remain in effect.  All
feedback and all Nomcom deliberations will remain confidential and will
not be disclosed.

In order to ensure time to collect sufficient community feedback about
each of the willing nominees, nominations must be received by the
Nomcom on or before October 18, 2013.  Please submit your nominations
as early as possible for the sake of your nominees, as we've set the
questionnaire submission deadline for October 25, 2013.

The list of people and posts whose terms end with the March 2014 IETF
meeting,
and thus the positions for which we are accepting nominations:

IAOC
Chris Griffiths

IAB
Bernard Aboba
Marc Blanchet
Ross Callon
Eliot Lear
Hannes Tschofenig

IESG
Barry Leiba (Applications)
Brian Haberman (Internet)
Benoit Claise (Operations and Management)
Gonzalo Camarillo (RAI)
Stewart Bryant (Routing)
Sean Turner (Security)
Martin Stiemerling (Transport)

Please be resourceful in identifying possible candidates for these
positions, as developing our talent is a very crucial requirement for
the IETF.  Also, please give serious consideration to accepting nominations
you receive.

The summaries of the desired expertise for the positions, developed by the
respective bodies, are found at:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2013/expertise/

In addition to nominations, the Nomcom seeks community input on
the positions themselves.  We need and welcome the community's
views and input on the jobs within each organization. If you
have ideas on the positions' responsibilities (more, less,
different), please let us know.  You can send us email about this to
nomcom13 at ietf.org, and we will use this feedback actively.

Thank you for your help in nominating a great pool of strong and interesting
nominees!

_______________________________________________
RAI mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rai