Subject: [sipcore] Protocol Action: 'Resource Priority Header (RPH) Registry Management Policy to IETF Review' to Proposed Standard (draft-rosen-rph-reg-policy-01.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 09:28:41 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Resource Priority Header (RPH) Registry Management Policy to IETF
   Review'
  (draft-rosen-rph-reg-policy-01.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Protocol Core
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Richard Barnes and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rosen-rph-reg-policy/

Technical Summary:

      RFC4412 defines "Resource-Priority Namespaces" and "Resource-Priority
      Priority-values" registries.  The management policy of these registries
      is "Standards Action".  This document normatively updates RFC4412 to
      change the management policy of these registries to "IETF Review".

Working Group Summary:

      Discussion in the SIPCORE working group was minimal. Aside from some
      editorial changes, the only substantive comment was a request for
      further clarifications to RFC 4412. The suggested  additional work
      was not taken on in this document.

Document Quality:

      The document is a trivial update to RFC 4412, and its purpose is clear
      and unambiguous.  The document is administrative in nature, and as such
      does not propose protocol mechanisms.

Personnel:

      Adam Roach is the document shepherd. Richard Barnes is the
      responsible area director.

RFC Editor Note

Please make the following edits before publication:

OLD:
"""
   Experience
   has suggested that a document that only defines a new namespace with
   its priorities, and does not create new protocol semantics, should
   not be a standards-track document
"""
NEW:
"""
  After further consideration, the IETF has concluded that documents that
  only define new SIP resource priority namespaces and values do not need 
  to be on the standards track, since they do not create new protocol 
  semantics.
"""

OLD:
"""
This document updates [RFC4412]
to change the management policy of the registries to "IETF Review".
"""
NEW:
"""
This document updates RFC 4412 by changing tha IANA management policy
  of the "Resource-Priority Namespaces" and "Resource-Priority 
  Priority-values" registries to "IETF Review".
"""

OLD
"""
  The management policy of these
  registries is "Standards Action" as defined in [RFC5226].
"""
NEW
"""
  The management policy of these
  registries defined by RFC 4412 was "Standards Action" as defined in
  [RFC5226].
"""