Subject: [sipcore] RFC 7044 on An Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for Request History Information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 11:15:57 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7044

        Title:      An Extension to the Session 
                    Initiation Protocol (SIP) for 
                    Request History Information 
        Author:     M. Barnes, F. Audet,
                    S. Schubert, J. van Elburg,
                    C. Holmberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 85068
        Obsoletes:  RFC 4244

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7044.txt

This document defines a standard mechanism for capturing the history
information associated with a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
request.  This capability enables many enhanced services by providing
the information as to how and why a SIP request arrives at a specific
application or user.  This document defines an optional SIP header
field, History-Info, for capturing the history information in
requests.  The document also defines SIP header field parameters for
the History-Info and Contact header fields to tag the method by which
the target of a request is determined.  In addition, this
specification defines a value for the Privacy header field that
directs the anonymization of values in the History-Info header field.
This document obsoletes RFC 4244.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 14:33:39 -0500

This was a long haul.
Thanks to the authors for all their work.
Now we can all join them in giving a huge sigh of relief.

	Thanks,
	Paul

On 2/4/14 2:15 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> sipcore mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipcore
>

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 13:36:50 -0600

Yes, a huge sigh of relief!   Thanks to the WG for their patience and to
Dale for his numerous reviews and comments.

Mary.

---

From: Shida Schubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 15:50:43 -0800

As Mary stated, thanks to you all!!

 Shida

On Feb 7, 2014, at 11:36 AM, Mary Barnes <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Yes, a huge sigh of relief!   Thanks to the WG for their patience and to Dale for his numerous reviews and comments.  
> 
> Mary. 
> 
>