Subject: [sipcore] Passing of Francois Audet

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 10:56:22 -0500

A number of you all will remember Francois Audet, who was a colleague of
mine at Nortel and a regular IETF attendee (until he went to Skype ;)  He
was a co-author on the recently published 4244bis drafts.  He unfortunately
lost his battle with cancer on Friday.  I have received the following
information from a family friend via Facebook:

Thanks for all your support messages, both on & offline.
I've talked to Geneviève over the week-end, and she reminded me that there
is just no real treatment of Brain Tumors, and that form of cancer is
growing at some alarming rate.
She agreed that the best support message would be to sponsor the research,
for which donations can be made as a memorial gift for Francois Audet.
I've selected a few organizations:
- Stanford Brain Tumor Center (http://medicalgiving.stanford.edu/, this is
where François was treated. Make sure to indicate the Brain Tumor Center as
the recipient).
- UCSF Brain Tumor Center (
https://makeagift.ucsf.edu/site/SPageServer?pagename=A1_API_GordonMurrayGivingForm&ACode=B2934
)
- National Brain Tumor Society (http://www.braintumor.org/)

Note that he also left behind a son, Olivier.

That's all the information I have at this point.

Regards,
Mary.

---

From: "Roy, Radhika R CIV USARMY (US)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 17:39:57 +0000

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hi, Marry and all:

My heartfelt prayer to God for resting his soul in Heaven! My heartfelt
sympathy to his son Oliver and family as we all is a part of this eternal
cycle!

I would know him since the mid-1990s while he used to participate in ATM
Forum and a liaison to the ITU-T H.323 WG. His crystal clear voice and
technical explanations has kept amazing me and all others since his last
breath!

Best regards,
Radhika

-----Original Message-----
From: sipcore [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mary Barnes
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2014 11:56 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: DISPATCH; SIPCORE
Subject: [sipcore] Passing of Francois Audet

- UCSF Brain Tumor Center
(https://makeagift.ucsf.edu/site/SPageServer?pagename=A1_API_GordonMurrayGiv
ingForm&ACode=B2934)

Regards,
Mary.

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 14:54:51 -0400

I'm really sorry to hear this. I worked with Francois on H.323 in 
particular, he representing the enterprise side and I the carrier side 
of the business. I was aware of his previous work with the ATM Forum, 
and of course, we both turned to SIP eventually.

Beyond being a pleasure to work with, Francois was probably one of the 
most competent standards representatives I've ever known. I'm sure he 
brought the same competence and focus to his PLM job at Skype, however 
long that lasted given his illness. My condolences to his present 
friends and family.

Tom Taylor

> information from a family friend via Facebook:
...