Subject: [sipcore] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-yusef-sipcore-sip-oauth-00.txt

From: Rifaat Shekh-Yusef <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 17:46:27 -0400

Hi,

I have just submitted a draft that has some initial thoughts for an
authorization framework for SIP that is based on OAuth.
The draft is still missing lots of details, but I think it has enough
information to allow us to start the discussion on the mailing list.

We would appreciate it if people review the document and provide us with
their thoughts.

Regards,
 Rifaat

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, May 26, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-yusef-sipcore-sip-oauth-00.txt
To: Victor Pascual <[email-masked]>, Rifaat Shekh-Yusef <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-yusef-sipcore-sip-oauth-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Rifaat Shekh-Yusef and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-yusef-sipcore-sip-oauth
Revision:       00
Title:          The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) OAuth
Document date:  2014-05-26
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          18
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yusef-sipcore-sip-oauth-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yusef-sipcore-sip-oauth/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yusef-sipcore-sip-oauth-00

Abstract:
   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) uses a challenge-response
   framework to authenticate the user, but it does not have an
   authorization framework to control the user's access to various
   services in the system.

   This document defines an authorization framework for SIP that is
   based on the OAuth 2.0 framework.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Michael Procter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 14:50:57 +0100

Hi Rifaat,

> We would appreciate it if people review the document and provide us with

Would you be able to provide a couple of motivating use cases?  The
ones I've come up with either aren't fully met by the outlines in this
document, or might be achieved more easily with existing pieces of
protocol.

A couple of typos:
Section 1, last paragraph:
"Single Sing-On" should be "Single Sign-On"

Section 3.4, last paragraph:
"with toke, token refresh, and the master-key"
should be
"with token, refresh_token, and the master-key"

Regards,

Michael

---

From: Rifaat Shekh-Yusef <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 13:45:52 -0400

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the review and feedback.

Sure, I will add a section to talk about uses cases.
Would you be able to share your use cases to see if we can cover them in
this document?

Thanks,
 Rifaat