Subject: [sipcore] Fwd: FW: New Version Notification for draft-klatsky-sipcore-ipv6-impact-ipv4-00.txt

From: Rifaat Shekh-Yusef <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 08:41:36 -0400

Hi,

As part of the SIP Over IPv6 Task Group activities in the SIP Forum we
created the following *Informational* draft which describes the impact on
IPv4 SIP elements when interacting with IPv6 SIP elements.
The draft was initially discussed on the DISPATCH mailing list, but after
discussing this draft with Mary Barnes (co-chair of DISPATCH) and Paul
Kyzivat (co-chair of SIPCore) it was decided that the SIPCore would the
right place to discuss this.

We would appreciate it if people review and provide feedback on this draft.

Regards,
 Rifaat

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2014 7:44 PM
To: Shekh-Yusef, Rifaat (Rifaat); Carl Klatsky; Gonzalo Salgueiro; Andrew
Hutton; Olle E.Johansson; Olle E. Johansson; Carl Klatsky; Gonzalo
Salgueiro; Shekh-Yusef, Rifaat (Rifaat); Andrew Hutton
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-klatsky-sipcore-ipv6-impact-ipv4-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-klatsky-sipcore-ipv6-impact-ipv4-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Carl Klatsky and posted to the IETF
repository.

Name:           draft-klatsky-sipcore-ipv6-impact-ipv4
Revision:       00
Title:          Interoperability Impacts of IPv6 Interworking with Existing
IPv4 SIP Implementations
Document date:  2014-10-05
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          10
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klatsky-sipcore-ipv6-impact-ipv4-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-klatsky-sipcore-ipv6-impact-ipv4/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-klatsky-sipcore-ipv6-impact-ipv4-00

Abstract:
   This document captures potential impacts to IPv4 SIP implementations
   when interworking with IPv6 SIP implementations.  Although some
   amount of interworking translation will occur at the network and
   application layers, an IPv4 SIP application may still encounter a SIP
   message with some IPv6 values in it, resulting in unforeseen error
   conditions.  Such potential scenarios will be identified in this
   document so that SIP application developers can define solutions to
   handle these cases.  Note, this document is not intended to be an
   exhaustive list, rather to provide an overview of some of the more
   commonly encountered potential scenarios.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat