Subject: [sipcore] draft-sparks-sipcore-refer-clarifications-04: comment

From: Brett Tate <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 13:27:27 -0400

Hi,

Section 3 indicates the following:

"3.  Use of GRUU is mandatory

   Section 4.5.1 of [RFC6665] makes GRUU [RFC5627] mandatory to
   implement and use as the local target in the subscription created by
   the REFER request."

It is hard not to recommend adding the following text to the section. ;)

"The mandate ensures that GRUU and the related patents are applicable to
as many devices as possible.  At least one Patent Holder states that its
position with respect to licensing any patent claims contained in the
disclosed patent would necessarily be infringed by implementation of the
technology required by the relevant IETF specification, for the purpose of
implementing such specification, is as follows:  Reasonable and
Non-Discriminatory License to All Implementers with Possible Royalty/Fee."

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1226/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1832/

Cheers,
Brett