Subject: [sipcore] Comments to draft-roach-sipcore-6665-clarification-00

From: Ivo Sedlacek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 09:15:36 +0000

(a small extension below)

Hello,

I reviewed the draft and here are my comments:

COMMENT 1:

-------------------------------------------------

Section 1 states:

==============================

   The second sentence of this paragraph attempted to set context for

   the normative statement: the reason GRUUs are required in this

   context is to allow you to send SUBSCRIBE or REFER requests to a

   specific user agent, with the target of the subscription request

   being something like an INVITE dialog on that device.  Consequently,

   the requirement to include a GRUU as a local target applies not just

   to the local target for SUBSCRIBE-created dialogs, but for *all*

   dialogs, even those created by INVITE.

==============================

UA can have dialogs for which the UA rejects any related out-of-dialog REFER request (and any out-of-dialog SUBSCRIBE request).

Those dialogs are simply not transferrable (and not subscribeable).

Requiring GRUU for such dialogs is unnecessary.

-------------------------------------------------

PROPOSED SOLUTION 1:

-------------------------------------------------

Restrict the requirement above to only dialogs for which the UA is willing to accept an out-of-dialog REFER request (or any out-of-dialog SUBSCRIBE request).

-------------------------------------------------

COMMENT 2:

Section 1 states:

-------------------------------------------------

   This document updates [RFC6665] to clarify the actual requirement:

   "Notifiers MUST implement the Globally Routable User Agent URI (GRUU)

   extension defined in [RFC5627], and MUST use a GRUU as their local

   target for all dialog-forming methods and all target-refresh methods.

   This specifically includes dialogs created by the INVITE method."

-------------------------------------------------

Same comment as in COMMENT 1

Kind regards

Ivo Sedlacek

Ericsson

Mobile +420 608 234 709

[email-masked]

www.ericsson.com

This Communication is Confidential. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at www.ericsson.com/email_disclaimer

---

From: Brett Tate <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 09:29:00 -0500

I agree with Ivo's comments.

---

From: sipcore [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ivo Sedlacek
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:16 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [sipcore] Comments to draft-roach-sipcore-6665-clarification-00

Hello,

COMMENT 1:

UA can have dialogs for which the UA rejects any related out-of-dialog
REFER request (and any out-of-dialog SUBSCRIBE request).
Those dialogs are simply not transferrable (and not subscribeable).
Requiring GRUU for such dialogs is unnecessary.
-------------------------------------------------

PROPOSED SOLUTION 1:
-------------------------------------------------
Restrict the requirement above to only dialogs for which the UA is willing
to accept an out-of-dialog REFER request (or any out-of-dialog SUBSCRIBE
request).
-------------------------------------------------

COMMENT 2:

Section 1 states:

Kind regards

Ivo Sedlacek
Ericsson
Mobile +420 608 234 709

This Communication is Confidential. We only send and receive email on the
basis of the terms set out at www.ericsson.com/email_disclaimer