Subject: [sipcore] draft-sparks-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription-02: 200 response

From: Brett Tate <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 12:31:51 -0500

Hi,

I just wanted to relay a comment that Dale made on the sip-implementors
list concerning draft-sparks-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription-02
section 4.8.

The draft currently restricts the Refer-Events-At to have meaning only
within 200 response instead of 2xx responses.

One of the benefits of loosening up the restriction is that the RFC will
not need to be updated if new 2xx response codes are defined.

Thanks,
Brett

-----

> From: Brett Tate <[email-masked]>

> Draft-sparks-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription intends to deprecate
> the use of 202 for a REFER response (i.e. updating RFC 3515).

Specifically, 202 is deprecated in favor of 200.

> If you think (or know) it will cause interoperability issues, please
> express your concerns and/or update code as needed.

I see in section 3.8 of
draft-sparks-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription-02:

   The 'Refer-Events-At' header field is only meaningful in a 200
   response to a REFER request.  If it appears in the header of any
   other SIP message, its meaning is undefined and it MUST be ignored.

It seems to me that this is dangerously strict, and should say "is only
meaningful in a *2xx* response to a REFER request".

Dale

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 09:14:11 -1000

This looks like a reasonable change to me.

On 11/13/14 7:31 AM, Brett Tate wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> sipcore mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipcore