Subject: [sipcore] Comments to draft-roach-sipcore-6665-clarification-00

From: Ivo Sedlacek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 08:00:49 +0000

Hello,

I reviewed the draft and here are my comments:

COMMENT 1:
-------------------------------------------------
Section 1 states:
==============================
   The second sentence of this paragraph attempted to set context for
   the normative statement: the reason GRUUs are required in this
   context is to allow you to send SUBSCRIBE or REFER requests to a
   specific user agent, with the target of the subscription request
   being something like an INVITE dialog on that device.  Consequently,
   the requirement to include a GRUU as a local target applies not just
   to the local target for SUBSCRIBE-created dialogs, but for *all*
   dialogs, even those created by INVITE.
==============================

UA can have dialogs for which the UA rejects any related out-of-dialog REFER request. 
Those dialogs are simply not transferrable.
Requiring GRUU for such dialogs is unnecessary.
-------------------------------------------------

PROPOSED SOLUTION 1:
-------------------------------------------------
Restrict the requirement above to only dialogs for which the UA is willing to accept an out-of-dialog REFER request.
-------------------------------------------------

COMMENT 2:

Section 1 states:
-------------------------------------------------
   This document updates [RFC6665] to clarify the actual requirement:
   "Notifiers MUST implement the Globally Routable User Agent URI (GRUU)
   extension defined in [RFC5627], and MUST use a GRUU as their local
   target for all dialog-forming methods and all target-refresh methods.
   This specifically includes dialogs created by the INVITE method."
-------------------------------------------------

Same comment as in COMMENT 1

Kind regards

Ivo Sedlacek
Ericsson
Mobile +420 608 234 709
[email-masked]
www.ericsson.com

This Communication is Confidential. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at www.ericsson.com/email_disclaimer