Subject: [sipcore] Post WGLC comment on -refer-clarifications

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 10:45:31 -0500

Keith brought up something that -clarifications should talk about.

RFC6665 deprecates the 202 response code for SIP Events. That should 
carry forward to REFER.

I plan to add the following to the document before we send this off for 
AD Evaluation.

If you see something fundamentally wrong with this text, please yell ASAP.

-------

5. The 202 response code is deprecated

Section 8.3.1 of RFC6665 requires that elements do not send a 202 
response code to a subscribe request, but use the 200 response code 
instead. Any 202 response codes received to a subscribe request are 
treated as 200s. These changes also apply to REFER. Specifically, an 
element accepting a REFER request MUST NOT reply
with a 202 response code and MUST treat any 202 responses received as 
identical to a 200 response. Wherever RFC 3515 requires sending a 202 
response code, a 200 response code MUST be sent instead.

---

From: Andrew Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 16:03:58 +0000

I support including this change in the draft.

This was also my understanding of RFC 6665 text implication but I think it is useful to explicitly include it in the clarifications draft.

Andrew

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
  Original Message
From: Robert Sparks
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2015 11:45
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [sipcore] Post WGLC comment on -refer-clarifications

-------

_______________________________________________
sipcore mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipcore