Subject: [sipcore] Spencer Dawkins' Yes on draft-ietf-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription-02: (with COMMENT)

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 20:24:08 -0700

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription-02: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a Yes, and this specification was mostly clear, but one sentence in
the text was hard for me to parse:

   If it is important that the UA
   be able to subscribe to any refer state generated by accepting this
   request, the request needs to be formed to limit the number of places
   that it will be accepted to one.
   
Is there a phrasing that's not passive English, says directly who is
responsible for doing this, and uses "one" as an adjective?

For example, would be be correct to say:

   If it is important that the UA
   be able to subscribe to any refer state generated by accepting this
   request, the UA needs to form the request so that it will obly be 
   accepted in one place.
   
?