Subject: [sipcore] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription-02.txt> (Explicit Subscriptions for the REFER Method) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 16:37:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Session Initiation Protocol Core
WG (sipcore) to consider the following document:
- 'Explicit Subscriptions for the REFER Method'
  <draft-ietf-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription-02.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-06-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) REFER request, as defined by
   RFC3515, triggers an implicit SIP-Specific Event Notification
   framework subscription.  Conflating the start of the subscription
   with handling the REFER request makes negotiating SUBSCRIBE
   extensions impossible, and complicates avoiding SIP dialog sharing.
   This document defines extensions to REFER to remove the implicit
   subscription and, if desired, replace it with an explicit one.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.