Subject: [sipcore] AD Evaluation of draft-holmberg-dispatch-rfc7315-updates-06

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 14:26:18 -0500

(copying sipcore since, even though this is not a wg draft, sipcore 
probably offers the best nexus of expertise.)

Hi,

This is my AD Evaluation of draft-holmberg-dispatch-rfc7315-updates-06. 
I have one substantive comment and one editorial comment. I don't think 
either of these need block IETF last call. They can be handled along 
with any other last call feedback.

Thanks!

Ben.

--------------

Substantive:

The security considerations state that the draft removes some places 
that some of the P-Headers can be sent, but expands that to some other 
places. Further, it says that neither introduce new security 
considerations beyond those in 7315.

I accept that for the reduction part. But I'm not sure we can state that 
sort of thing for the expansion part, at least without some more 
discussion. Since 7315 already acknowledges potential privacy issues 
around P-Access-Network-Info, I'd like to at least see a sentence or two 
about the allowance of that in ACK requests, even if they just say that 
this addition makes things no worse than they already are.

Editorial:

-5, first sentence: "The security considerations for P- header fields 
are defined in
    [RFC7315]"
I assume this means 7315 discusses the security considerations for these 
P-Headers specifically, not P-Headers in general. Is this the intent? If 
so, I suggest:

s/... for P-header fields.../ ... for these P-header fields...