Subject: Re: [sipcore] Happy Eyeballs: Targets

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 16:58:05 -0400

Roman Shpount <[email-masked]> writes:
> One more mechanism for checking a UDP flows is STUN keep-alive message
> described in https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5626#section-3.5.2. These
> messages are even lower overhead then OPTIONS messages.

Thanks for mentioning that!  I've added that to the rough draft.

Dale

---

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 17:08:00 -0400

Brett Tate <[email-masked]> writes:
> Although this draft can update it if needed, RFC 3261 section 17.1.1.2
> paragraph four was the text of potential concern since it looks like an
> attempt to limit where T1 can be lowered. [...]

Thanks for the discussion.  I've added it to the rough draft.

Dale

---

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 17:10:56 -0400

Roman Shpount <[email-masked]> writes:
> This all depends what you mean by the "real systems". For USA hosted PBX
> systems working with office based networks, RTT is 70ms [...]
> Please let me know if you need any more data.

That's great, especially since it covers a wide range of operational
situations.  I've added your discussion to the rough draft.

Dale