Subject: [sipcore] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 05:19:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core WG of the IETF.

        Title           : ISUP Cause Location Parameter for the SIP Reason Header Field
        Author          : Roland Jesske
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc-02.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2018-01-19

Abstract:
   The SIP Reason header field is defined for carrying ISUP cause values
   as well as SIP response codes.  Some services in SIP networks may
   need to know the ISUP location where the call was released in the
   PSTN network to correctly interpret the reason of release.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 10:56:24 -0500

I question whether the following new text says exactly what you mean:

    The use of the location header is restricted to Q850 cause values in
    other cases the location, if present, MUST be silently discarted.

I am guessing that you mean "ignored" rather than "discarded". As 
written it might me taken to mean that an intermediary should remove it.

There are also some language issues in it. Perhaps the following:

    The use of the location header is restricted to Q850 cause values. In
    other cases the location, if present, MUST be silently ignored.

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 09:30:01 +0000

Hi Paul,
thank you for your comment.
I think you aspect is valid and so I will change it to your wording.
This avoid that a manipulation must be done.

Thank you and Best Regards

Roland

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: sipcore [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von Paul Kyzivat
> Gesendet: Freitag, 19. Januar 2018 16:56
> An: [email-masked]
> Betreff: Re: [sipcore] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc-02.txt
> 
> I am guessing that you mean "ignored" rather than "discarded". As written it
> might me taken to mean that an intermediary should remove it.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> sipcore mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipcore

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 09:33:04 +0000

Hi,
I have now produced a further draft. 
Paul has one comment which I will change.
So the protocol from the last SIPCORE session indicates that the draft is waiting for a last call.
So question is if we can proceed with a WGLC for this draft?

Best Regards

Roland

> Von: sipcore [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von internet-
> [email-masked]
> Gesendet: Freitag, 19. Januar 2018 14:19
> An: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Betreff: [sipcore] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc-02.txt
> 
>

---

From: Andrew Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 11:51:58 +0000

I support this draft proceeding to WGLC

-----Original Message-----
From: sipcore [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 4:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [sipcore] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc-02.txt

Hi,

Best Regards

Roland

> Von: sipcore [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von 
> internet- [email-masked]
> Betreff: [sipcore] I-D Action: 
> draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc-02.txt
> 
> 
> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
> submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>

---

From: "DOLLY, MARTIN C" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 12:50:20 +0000

AT&T supports 

-----Original Message-----
From: sipcore [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 4:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [sipcore] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc-02.txt

Hi,

Best Regards

Roland

> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.
> org_doc_draft-2Dietf-2Dsipcore-2Dreason-2Dq850-2Dloc_&d=DwIFAw&c=LFYZ-
> o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=G9v8uCSSQhCmpw7ItG0r2g&m=871Owu0oVsHqXqYZFvYAiVhSJ
> HdHMhh59f9N45MaCwQ&s=U6YIXUKiyZjqcKv65j6fklO98YB8YiKaKw8V4zj4omQ&e=
> 
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__tools.ietf.org_ht
> ml_draft-2Dietf-2Dsipcore-2Dreason-2Dq850-2Dloc-2D02&d=DwIFAw&c=LFYZ-o
> 9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=G9v8uCSSQhCmpw7ItG0r2g&m=871Owu0oVsHqXqYZFvYAiVhSJH
> dHMhh59f9N45MaCwQ&s=UtqaXXuGsogKnZzd2irlF_fl8NWgoUY6E6ADTKDughk&e=
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.
> org_doc_html_draft-2Dietf-2Dsipcore-2Dreason-2Dq850-2Dl&d=DwIFAw&c=LFY
> Z-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=G9v8uCSSQhCmpw7ItG0r2g&m=871Owu0oVsHqXqYZFvYAiVh
> SJHdHMhh59f9N45MaCwQ&s=USEtZvuh6Oj1pzBsF7gf_-3uoKY21UtneCxj7ZbQjrs&e=
> oc-02
> 
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_rfcd
> iff-3Furl2-3Ddraft-2Dietf-2Dsipcore-2Dreason-2Dq850-2Dloc-2D0&d=DwIFAw
> &c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=G9v8uCSSQhCmpw7ItG0r2g&m=871Owu0oVsHqXqYZF
> vYAiVhSJHdHMhh59f9N45MaCwQ&s=HgcyUp4t9MpBTaHCV7pn9TMvAeGeLGGd3mGx08xiu
> Vo&e=
> 2
> 
> 
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=ftp-3A__ftp.ietf.org_intern
> et-2Ddrafts_&d=DwIFAw&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=G9v8uCSSQhCmpw7ItG0r2
> g&m=871Owu0oVsHqXqYZFvYAiVhSJHdHMhh59f9N45MaCwQ&s=LLzPs9oD2XI8t6-cSRO5
> soD2xKopKI3g2tZHGlpZeuQ&e=
> 
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_mail
> man_listinfo_sipcore&d=DwIFAw&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=G9v8uCSSQhCmp
> w7ItG0r2g&m=871Owu0oVsHqXqYZFvYAiVhSJHdHMhh59f9N45MaCwQ&s=dOBvpQbyf03A
> FeRZC3dN0fFAPTAgVu0HmaQ581Du3yo&e=

_______________________________________________
sipcore mailing list
[email-masked]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_mailman_listinfo_sipcore&d=DwIFAw&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=G9v8uCSSQhCmpw7ItG0r2g&m=871Owu0oVsHqXqYZFvYAiVhSJHdHMhh59f9N45MaCwQ&s=dOBvpQbyf03AFeRZC3dN0fFAPTAgVu0HmaQ581Du3yo&e= 

_______________________________________________
sipcore mailing list
[email-masked]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_mailman_listinfo_sipcore&d=DwIFAw&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=G9v8uCSSQhCmpw7ItG0r2g&m=871Owu0oVsHqXqYZFvYAiVhSJHdHMhh59f9N45MaCwQ&s=dOBvpQbyf03AFeRZC3dN0fFAPTAgVu0HmaQ581Du3yo&e=

---

From: "VAN GEEL Jan (SPC/CSP)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 12:51:48 +0000

+1

-----Original Message-----
From: sipcore [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of DOLLY, MARTIN C
Sent: Wednesday 24 January 2018 13:50
To: Andrew Allen <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [sipcore] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc-02.txt

AT&T supports

-----Original Message-----
From: sipcore [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 4:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [sipcore] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc-02.txt

Hi,

Best Regards

Roland

________________________________

***** Disclaimer *****
http://www.proximus.be/maildisclaimer

---

From: Brian Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 09:18:08 -0500

chairs are working on a WGLC schedule.  We will announce very soon.

This draft will be on it.

Brian

> On Jan 24, 2018, at 7:51 AM, VAN GEEL Jan (SPC/CSP) <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> +1
>

---

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 21:36:41 -0500

> So question is if we can proceed with a WGLC for this draft?

Yes, let us proceed to WGLC for draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc.

Dale

---

From: "A. Jean Mahoney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 09:34:30 -0600

Hi all,

The chairs talked over scheduling for WGLCs. We have started WGLC for 
sip-push. Since we didn't want completely overlapping WGLCs, we will 
start WGLC for this draft at the end of next week.

Thanks!

Jean