Subject: [sipcore] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc-05.txt> (ISUP Cause Location Parameter for the SIP Reason Header Field) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 15:12:22 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Session Initiation Protocol Core WG
(sipcore) to consider the following document: - 'ISUP Cause Location
Parameter for the SIP Reason Header Field'
  <draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-02-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The SIP Reason header field is defined for carrying ISDN User Part
   (ISUP) cause values as well as SIP response codes.  Some services in
   SIP networks may need to know the ISUP location where the call was
   released in the PSTN network to correctly interpret the reason of
   release.  This document will update [RFC3326].

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.